Petition to Save F-15A 77-0102 for a Museum

Hey there Ken

Just out of curiousity, how many signatures do we need? Who will this petition go to?

Or

Is this just something to walk up to a museum with to show how many people out there would like it displayed?

Thanks

John

Hey there Ken

Just out of curiousity, how many signatures do we need? Who will this petition go to?

Or

Is this just something to walk up to a museum with to show how many people out there would like it displayed?

Thanks

John

John - there is no magic number. It would be nice to show the "powers that be" (whomever that may be) the support for it

I'm stunned!!!! Thank you ARC Team for Stepping Up!!!

What an awesome grass roots effort!!! Every member get two more members to take note and go to the petition site. ARC is now 7,500 members strong - If every ARC member signs the petition, that would create an awesome groundswell to preserve and display 77-0102!!

I talked up the history of this aircraft to everyone I met at AMARC on Wednesday, from the Gate Guard to the PAO. Few if any knew the historical significance of this Eagle - Now they All do!! I'm hoping the recognition of this jet spreads as rapidly through official channels as it has through ARC.

An interesting aside I learned just yesterday - AMARC falls under AFMC, and AFMC is currently commanded by Lt General Gabreski. Is this name familiar to anyone?? - This is Gabby's daughter-in-law and she's a three-star! For those history buffs, in addition to 28 victories in Europe and an additional 6 in Korea, Gabby was stationed in Hawaii during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, and got airborne in a P-40 just after the attack! Needless to say, I forwarded a copy of the "Save 102" memo to HQ AFMC.

Thanks to Ken for working up the petition effort. I'll continue to work with my contacts at various museums and at AMARC to have this Eagle properly saved and displayed!

ATB -

- Rip -

Edit to correct Lt Gen Terry Gabreski to "Daughter-in-law" - Rip -

Edited by RipVW

Great news guys!!

I just spoke with Tom Brewer over at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, and they are working to get this F-15 flown to Dayton as we speak! They are already taking action to have the F-15 delivered from AMARC to preserve it. Guess they were one step ahead of us.

WOOHOO!! :)

Now, we dance!!

Edited by VF-103guy
Great news guys!!

I just spoke with Tom Brewer over at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, and they are working to get this F-15 flown to Dayton as we speak! They are already taking action to have the F-15 delivered from AMARC to preserve it. Guess they were one step ahead of us.

WOOHOO!! :)

Now, we dance!!

That is great news!

Thanks for passing that on Brian