1/72 F-15A 21st TFW

Hi all! It's my first post in this forum but I'm reading it from about a year in which I've learned from all of you a bunch of new tricks to improve my model...so I will start with a big THANK YOU!.

That's the first aircraft model I've built in about ten years from the last I've assembled. As I've said, I recently learned new tecniques, so I needed an old kit to try some: I choosed an old f-15 revell kit found lot of years ago in a monthly magazine (I don't remember kit # but I know it had raised panel lines and the pre-production little speed brake).

To enance the detail i bought some edwards PE sets and Superscale decals.

Here is the result obtained in about a year. If you would like to see the build up process head to my site http://digilander.iol.it/mcri79 and go to the "DIARIO" section; you could find an article with about 150 photos (sorry...it's in Italian but you could see the pictures!).

Pict7442.jpg

Pict7446.jpg

Pict7494.jpg

Pict7452.jpg

Pict7485.jpg

Pict7543.jpg

Pict7518.jpg

Hi,

I 'd like to know how you managed to rescribe those little "wavy" lines in the forward part of the fuselage:

some close-up photos

Pict7508.jpg

I mean those little wavy lines in front of the canopy and above the yellow formation light. I was looking through your build up process and I'm impressed with your rescribing skills:

http://digilander.libero.it/mcri79/articoli/f-15_3.htm

You did those "wavy" lines very well. What tools ot techniques did you use? Did you use a template for those "wavy" lines? Thank you.

Edited by JackMan

first of all thanks!

Ivan: you are right. The panel lines looks too dark. I think it depends from two reason: the rescribed panel lines too wide and the oil paint used for the wash not toned down with white (it's plain black). That was the first time I've used this tecnique so,now, I've learned something!

Jackman: for the rescribing process I used the Verlinden 1/72 rescribing template; very useful!

thanks again for the comments!

first of all thanks!

Ivan: you are right. The panel lines looks too dark. I think it depends from two reason: the rescribed panel lines too wide and the oil paint used for the wash not toned down with white (it's plain black). That was the first time I've used this tecnique so,now, I've learned something!

I use a medium to dark gray for my oil washes; black is usually too stark,

Regards,

Murph

• 1 year later...

lovely job indeed. weathering on the underside it a nice touch. the photography angles are spot on!

i was just laugnhing to myself how many times JackMan can say "wavy lines" lol

great stuff on a nice little bird (well not that small lol)