Kits for Kandahar update

Geoff and I were over yesterday helping Gary sort things out. The kits are in fairly good shape but general building supplies, especially glue, military paints, silver paint and glue is required. Oh yes, we are short of glue, did I say that already?

If you are thinking of sending something along, please do so. Keep us busy!! I'm sure the troops will appreciate it.

Iain

Yeah Steve and they were great. Got a hernia picking one up. B)

Just kidding mate, the boxes were just what the Dr. ordered. Were well on the way to shipping. Been told as much as this so far, that our shipment will travel on one of the regularly chartered IL-76 flights to Kandahar Airbase due to the size.

We are at about 3545 models thus far, and commitments for about another 250 to arrive. A few big companies here seem to have backed out of their commitments, but the guys in Toronto who don't have the name craft attached to their name came out big time, twice! Pretty cool.

cheers Steve and again, thanks

Gary

I posted the note then looked at the quote below my avatar. I guess that says it all. LOL.

Wow, the Florida shipment arrived and good news bad news. The good news, another 2500 models. The bad news, the trailed the shipment was in had a broken roof and in a driving rain storm more than half the kits got doused. The boxes were mostly salvagable and the instructions are on my clothes line drying in the sun, but the decals were totally wiped out.

I hate to ask more of such a group of already generous people, but if you have any spare decals...

I have a good selection of US WW2 markings and a ready supply of British and German WW2 markings, all in 48th, but not much in 72nd. Needed, a metric ton of Warsaw pact, 48 scale Phantoms, Mirages and Crusaders and anything for cars.

Ok, anything will help really.

And like Ian said earlier, we are still in short supply of paints (military) and glues.

And at this point I don't think we need anymore model kits. We have a boatload comming from Accurate Minatures and a few other sources, so we're good to go there.

Sorry and again, thanks guys.

Gary

Geoff and I were over yesterday helping Gary sort things out. The kits are in fairly good shape but general building supplies, especially glue, military paints, silver paint and glue is required. Oh yes, we are short of glue, did I say that already?

If you are thinking of sending something along, please do so. Keep us busy!! I'm sure the troops will appreciate it.

Iain

Gary and Guys,

I raided Walmart last night. A box of glue and silver paint is on its way via expresspost. Should be there Monday.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to try to be there. At least on Sat, and hopefully all weekend. If I can get some kits finished, I'll even compete.

Do you know Quiddy? You'll have to introduce yourself to me at MMM. I'll have a KC Nats shirt on.

Iain

Do you know Quiddy? You'll have to introduce yourself to me at MMM. I'll have a KC Nats shirt on.

Iain

Ian, It's Charlie Arsenault, we met in Fredericton at the CAMS show. Wayne, Maxheadroom (Jason) and I meet for coffee about once a month or so. Hoping to attend MMM'06.

ps, congrats to Jeff for his nice haul at the Nats.

Edited by Charlie "Cheetah"