Huh! well I'll be How cool is that!? Thanks for the Pic!

I'll show the former crew chief of '384 your progress pics,he'll love it!He also crewed F-4E 67-0384,I guess he didn't want to remember a different tail number :D My former F-16C is the third Viper down,85-1407,it now flies with the 144th FW(we transfered it to the 162nd FW back in 1995 at the same time we deployed for a Snowbird).

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please welcome champion speedknitter, Brak!

Pete thats awesome stuff! If I could afford 1 (let alone 3) I wouldn't have the guts to get it started. You have no idea how many kits I botch per year. Its probably 80%, but kudos on your efforts!

Aaron

hey Pig,

great collection you are doing. I am really looking forward to the GMB Viper! What type of wheels will you be putting on it - old or new style?

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

...Well- looks like I've got to build the old-style. They didn't get the "custom rims" until after I left :stupid:

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Regards,

Pig

Pete

I wondered how you were going to follow-up finishing your man-cave, and now I see. Two Vipers and an F-2 in 1:32! Looks like you're off to a great start. Going to enjoy watching these progress and I'm looking forward to the finished products. :stupid:

:huh:

Edited by Trigger74

I have died and gone to Heaven... Pete! Where have I been to have missed this amazing start? Hello- homework... Anyways, this is sure to be a whopper of a build and hat's off to you in tackling all those kits- you are right, you have started with the best possible kit. I'm so happy to see you taking on a 1/32 F-2A- because I want to attempt that sometime in the far, far, future and most importantly because YOU are doing it. You have the touch pal. I try not to be on-line too much as SWMBO requires attention but dang- looks like she's outta luck. No worries about the slow build, that Acad Viper is still waiting for a little more paint and decals... 2 years in the making... as they say: "Perfection takes a hell of a long time." Looking good and I look forwards to checking this one out.

Edited by afterburner

:angry:Hold IT......HOLD IT......!!

I leave town for a coupla days and get back to see you started without me........!! :D

................................................................................

Fantastic ! ^_^ Now I can sit back and watch these builds unfold.

This is likely to be very good indeed. I'm fascinated by the thought of a 1/32nd F2. I'll be watching carefully to see how the F2 differs from the Vipers.

And, I'll have another terrific reference thread for another future build :D

Ah,.......it does n't get any better than this. Here's to the next exciting installment.

:)

Great progress so far Pete :cheers: I'll be watching this one.

Now, the last one, the Hornet, took Two years to complete, and now you're tackling Three at the same time. So we can look forward to a completion date for all Three like sometime in 2012 :lol:

I would love to do a F-2 in 1/32 scale. Where are you getting the decals from.

I know it's early in the build but have you thought about the colors for the F-2. I know some of the guys here on the ARC have had to mix the Two different shades of Blue.

I have a 1/72 Hase F-2 and a 1/48 Hase Phantom in the same Blue tone camo that I would like to build sometime in the future so I'm kinda curious on what colors you intend to use on your F-2 as far as mixing and all that. If you've gone that far yet.

Cheers :D

Andy G

PS. And don't forget I'll be getting that BB 1/32 Tornado Cockpit set next month :D

Hey Andy, Skull, G-Dub, Burner and all!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement! To answer Andy's question, and piggy back on Skulls advice-I'm thinking about scaling-up some 48th scale decals. I'm still in search of a particular Platz set that has eluded me thus far. Regardless, I'll need someone to do it for me..Any takers? Kursad? Bueller? Which lends the question: who is doing custom-decal work these days?

Regarding the "blues"...a quick trip to the hobby shop revealed that I'll have to do some mixing; or else I might have a look at the Gunze colors called out on the Hasegawa 48th kit sheet. I have no experience with Gunze, however :huh:

Warm regards to all...

Pig