!/72 Harrier Kits?

While at the show in Kansas City I picked up an old Hasegawa 1/72 Sea Harrier Kit because it was a great buy.

I was looking at an old " walk around" book that I have and it just seems to me from the drawings that the sea Harrier

is bigger looking than the Mk3. Is this just inaccurate drawings?

Also, is the Hasegawa kit close enough or would the Fujimi kit be better to set with Hasegawa's great AV8B/ GR.MK7 kits

to show size compairasons?

Thanks, Henry

P.S. I also picked up a 1/72 Hasegawa Viggen at the show only to find a broken Canopy in the kit ( when I got home )

Would anybody have one they could sell me or point me to a replacement source? It also became obvious to me that the Viggin

kit had been opened and the defective canopy had been stuck in a clear bag and the entire clear spru tree was missing!

SO SOMEBODY KNEW THE KIT WAS DEFECTIVE! :explode:

While at the show in Kansas City I picked up an old Hasegawa 1/72 Sea Harrier Kit because it was a great buy.

I was looking at an old " walk around" book that I have and it just seems to me from the drawings that the sea Harrier

is bigger looking than the Mk3. Is this just inaccurate drawings?

Also, is the Hasegawa kit close enough or would the Fujimi kit be better to set with Hasegawa's great AV8B/ GR.MK7 kits

to show size compairasons?

Thanks, Henry

I'd say inaccurate drawings - the Sea Harrier was slightly longer than the GR3, but the difference is all in the nose area, with the extra radar. The Hasegawa kit is actually about a scale foot too short in the nose area (My suspision is they took the dimension without pitot probe to be the overall dimension).

I'd shy clear of recommending the Fujimi kit, or at least the current boxing. I'm building one at present and, whilst the accuracy is good, the fit of parts is poor. Better option would be to get hold of the Italeri kit, which is the superb old ESCI kit