As the title says, zhengdefu's awful kit, a lot of sanding, not to mention the model is not so accurate B) . But I took as a test shoot when I get to buil a nice Foxhound.

Comments?

IMG_2824e.jpg

IMG_2832e.jpg

IMG_2831e.jpg

IMG_2845e.jpg

Cheers :lol:

Ivan

Nice build out of a crappy kit!

Supposedly this is mostly OOB, as one can instantly see some shape issues here and there. Especially the engine area and the exhausts look weird. Topside of the intakes too, not to mention the fictional panel lines...

But as said, nicely built!

Supposedly this is mostly OOB, as one can instantly see some shape issues here and there. Especially the engine area and the exhausts look weird. Topside of the intakes too, not to mention the fictional panel lines...

In other words, the complet kit has shape issues..... :thumbsup:

Ivan

Yep...but to be fair, they did what they could based on almost zero information and could have been worse. They copied almost perfectly, right down to the panel lines depicted, the Dept of Defense drawings of the Foxhound released in the early/mid 80's.

Know what's depressing? I took the same kit (Revell...same molds) back in 93 and started the most massive transformation of it, out of desperation. Took just over half a decade of on-again, off-again working on it 'til most of the airframe was done...and I was so proud of it. Then I burned out before I could start the very complicated landing gear.

Then they came out with not one but two decent kits of her. UGH!

So now the project sits in a box, waiting...waiting...waiting....

Yep...but to be fair, they did what they could based on almost zero information and could have been worse. They copied almost perfectly, right down to the panel lines depicted, the Dept of Defense drawings of the Foxhound released in the early/mid 80's.

Know what's depressing? I took the same kit (Revell...same molds) back in 93 and started the most massive transformation of it, out of desperation. Took just over half a decade of on-again, off-again working on it 'til most of the airframe was done...and I was so proud of it. Then I burned out before I could start the very complicated landing gear.

Then they came out with not one but two decent kits of her. UGH!

So now the project sits in a box, waiting...waiting...waiting....

Is so unfair! :lol:

Eventually, we all have to finish all our unfinish projects, that is way its waiting...waiting...waiting....

Ivan

Are those the kit missiles? Heh, looks like we have another source of R-77s :rolleyes:

Seriously though, good job on that! I wouldve chopped the thing up for airframe parts. It looks better than many builds I do of "better" kits :D

As you may guess, the kit's missiles are awful, thos "R-77", were made using the main body of a ALARM(?), and the tail from a italeri's Su-34 R-77s, the missiles have a nice view from far away.

Ivan