Revell Contacta Professional

I'm a bit confused about the concept of liquid cement.

I thought any cement that was runny was regarded as liquid cement. Is the Revell Contacta with thin tube needle applicator regarded as 'liquid cement'??

What are the pros and cons of using liquid cement as apposed to superglue?

Thanks guys

I use both. The Revell stuff in the tube is plastic cement and is thick.The stuff in the little blue container with the applicator needle is liquid cement and is a lot thinner. Super glue comes in various grades from thick to very watery. The very thin stuff has to be handled with care as you can get into a right mess with it.(it's mainly used for gap filling) I only use super glue now for getting warped fuselages to hold together or for a solid bond on the u/c. The revell liquid stuff is handy as it gives you time to make adjustments.

To complete the picture, you also have the REALLY liquid cements like MEK-PAK, Tenax and Tamiya liquid cement etc. These are put on with brushes (or applicator) and compared to these Revell Contacta is a thick gel...

Not a big fan of 'super glue' myself, although reading builds, it seems many use nothing else. Humbrol liquid poly is thin enough for capillary action but also viscous enough to stay where you place it. Cyano is so final and the joints seem to feel brittle somehow. Just IMHO of course. Aidan