AIFF "bird slicers" on ANG/AFRC Vipers?

Just curious as to if there is a ryhme(sp?) or reason to the use of AIFF bird slicers on the ANG/AFRC fleet. I've seen them recently on Block 30 aircraft from Wisconsin, which I understand as they'll be around a while, but the Blk 25 from Vermont (CO bird) here:

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php...5.html#msg99225

has them and I know they are all going away soon, so what's the deal, makes it hard to build one unless you have day specific info. Just my rant.

Jeff

Just curious as to if there is a ryhme(sp?) or reason to the use of AIFF bird slicers on the ANG/AFRC fleet. I've seen them recently on Block 30 aircraft from Wisconsin, which I understand as they'll be around a while, but the Blk 25 from Vermont (CO bird) here:

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php...5.html#msg99225

has them and I know they are all going away soon, so what's the deal, makes it hard to build one unless you have day specific info. Just my rant.

Jeff

We currently have one, 87-222, that came back from depot with them.

There are more than just a handful of these jets floating around, with several units. I don't know what the rationale is for some serials vs. others, but I was told that it is only the IFF, and not the entire CCIP upgrade, and will eventually be done to all surviving aircraft over the next zillion years. However, a different unit told me that they have two jets with the multi-color MFDs in their block 30s, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Jake

All ANG/AFRES jets are getting the CCIP mod (sort of). Block 40's and 50's are going through CCIP at depot and getting all the mods done at one time. The remaining Block 30's are being done piece by piece, usually at home station. All Block 30s went through a TCTO over the last year or so installing all the necessary wiring for Color MFDs. The color MFD thing is supposed to be up full speed somewhere around October. As of now, most AIFF mods are being done at Depot, but will soon be done at home station. 4 of our jets are done. Most Block 30 units have already upgraded to the new RWR system. As the Block 30s are all reaching their 1800 hr gear changes, they will be receiving the Heavyweight Gear. The Guard Bureau has approved funds to relocate all Landing/Taxi lights to the NLG door. That should be taking place here in the next year or so. Structural upgrades are being done through Falcon STAR as the Block 30s reach the appropriate hours. The vision is to have all F-16s fleetwide to have the same capabilities. Minus the larger tires and wheels, and WAR Huds, Block 30s will be pretty much the same as any Block 40/50.