Participants and GB entries

As opposed to the expressions of interest requested in the GB announcement thread, this is the definitive list that will aid me and let everyone really see what we are all intending to build.

This also helps me with admin stuff as well!

To start the ball rolling and set the format...

Madmike (Michael Johnson)

Heller Dewoitine D.510

Something Airfix!

Please add to the list!

:blink:

MikeJ

Hi everyone :blink:

Here's my entry.

The Airfix Shorts Tucano T.1.

TucanoBoxtopforweb.jpg

One of Airfix's more modern kits.

Planning to build the kit OOB with only the decals replaced by Extradecals.

It states skill level two on the box, so should be an easy ride? :banana:

Shaun

Edited by ShaunBD

Heller kits of French Aircraft pre-ww2 or ww2

I'm in. Over last few months, culminated by a mad dash around the vendor room at the IPMS Nats, I have collected a dozen kits for my theme. And this is new turf -- I have never built Heller (that I recall) and usually only build British ...

My problem is that many decals are questionable -- I have a lot of Carpena stuff on order, but I may be building & painting then waiting ...

My kits, with the first half-dozen in most likely order of build ...

LEO 451 -- no decals, but I have seen an Allied scheme in Africa that might work ...

Dewoitine D501 -- decals may be OK

Potez 63-11 A3 -- decals OK

Morane Saulnier MS225 -- decals ???

Bloch 174A3 -- decals OK

Dewoitine D510 -- decals ???

Amiot 143

Curtiss 75A (well, not a french a/c, but ...)

Morane Saulnier MS406

Bloch MB210

Bloch MB152

Nieuport Delage NiD 622

My builds will be much like the Matchbox GB -- OOB with nothing but maybe markings changes ... I do not expect to complete all of these ...

In fact, I'll offer to throw all those I haven't touched, plus the aftermarket decals (if they ever show), into the Raffle at the very end ...

John

Edited by jRatz
Hi everyone :D

Here's my entry.

The Airfix Shorts Tucano T.1.

TucanoBoxtopforweb.jpg

One of Airfix's more modern kits.

Planning to build the kit OOB with only the decals replaced by Extradecals.

It states skill level two on the box, so should be an easy ride? :cheers:

Shaun

Watch the wing dihedral and add LOTS of weight to the nose otherwise tail she sits on!

:cheers:

MikeJ

I'm in, but cor blimey if I'm spoilt for choice over what to enter. It will be one or more of the following...

1/48 Lightning F.3

1/48 Lightning F.6

1/48 Mosquito NF.30

1/48 Mosquito B.XVI

1/72 TSR2

I'm tempted by the Lightnings purely for Mario's sake, and I haven't built one for several years. But it'll probly be the TSR2.

Grey Ghost 531 (Dave DeLang)

Airfix 1/72 Arado Ar196

Heller 1/72 Dassault Ouragan

The Ar196 has been in the on deck circle for about a year but I keep putting other stuff in front of it for other group builds. Its time has come! I plan on building it more or less OOB, only some scratch details where the kit's are oversize and maybe a rudimentary interior. And a beaching dolly.

The Ouragan will be OOB, probably even kit decals.

"I find your presence of faith disturbing...."

;)

Lose faith when building an Airfix kit, never.

Every kit I've build has been shake and bake!! B)

I must admit that Airfix did turn me to the dark side--expensive quality kits from Japan that could be built and finished. :D

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD
Watch the wing dihedral and add LOTS of weight to the nose otherwise tail she sits on!

B)

MikeJ

Hi Mike,

I'm planning to stuff the nose full of lead, hopefully she will sit on all 3 wheels?

I've laided down the keel tonight (cleaning up the main parts), so assembly will start soon.

Shaun.

Mike, I am just about to start the Airfix Banshee for the Korea GB, can I enter it here as well???

You can put me down for an Airfix MK24 Spitfire(1/48) though as well, and a Heller F-8(1/72)

Julien B)

Edited by Julien (UK)

01-09-06

I am in!!

1/72 Lancaster and I /48 Lightning.

Using the B1. Special boxing for the Lanc, building Sugars' Blues and haven't decided which Lightning, but using the F2A/F6 boxing.

After that, we'll see!

Liam

Mike, I am just about to start the Airfix Banshee for the Korea GB, can I enter it here as well???

You can put me down for an Airfix MK24 Spitfire(1/48) though as well, and a Heller F-8(1/72)

Julien :)

Julien

No problems with that but you will not be elligible for the raffle draw if the Banshee is the only entry completed.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

I'm in....I've gone back and forth on what kits I will do since last month's thread (but have always looked forward to the GB, no questions there), but there are a couple of Airfix kits I know I will do:

Boeing 727 - 1/144

MiG-29 - 1/72

I also have a good number of other Airfix kits I could do if I'm sufficiently inspired. If space kits are allowed, I've got the 1/144 Saturn V and 1/72 Lunar Lander, which DO inspire me :thumbsup:

As for Heller kits, I've thought about doing the Alpha Jet but I also have a few others I'll dig out. If I can find the 1/72 Fouga Magister I got a while back, it's IN. And again, if space kits are allowed, the 1/125 ISS is also in. And I have others....

And I'm already at work on another Airfix space shuttle for the STS-121 build. (I've built the ET and partially built the SRB's but have not completed either)

Justin

Edited by Justin Davenport