Here is my entry to the GB, this is my first time, so be gently :worship:.

Airfix' kit, no the best, in fact, I guess is the worst F-5, but it will be fun trying to correct it.

A view form the entire model

IMG_3007.jpg

some paneling

IMG_3008.jpg

difference betwen the wings after paneling

IMG_3011.jpg

a major problem, dont know how to fix it, other words no other to replace it :crying:

IMG_3014.jpg

Ivan

Edited by Ivan T.
What markings are you considering?

Still dont know :cheers:, I dont have the SVAF markings, and I haven't found any pictures with USAF's markings (tail markings), but Im still far away from start using some decals.

Ivan

I have the old Hasegawa F-5A kit that you can have. It's a little better than the Airfix kit. I think it's the old Frog kit rebox in Hasegawa. Everything is still there, plus a VNAF stars and bars decals to go with. PM me if you are interested.

Triet

Here is some advance in the kit:

major paneling done

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

the intakes were B), but they now look ok

IMG_3017.jpg

rolls of paper to give some "deep" to the engines

IMG_3033.jpg

new landing doors, no to accurate but they look ok to me

IMG_3026.jpg

cockpit tub came from the airfix's F-15, so can the F-5 have somthing in there ;) , some modifications to fit in the little F-5

IMG_3028.jpg

Ivan

Hi, I have just yesterday, bought a book about the Canadair CF-5, which is part of the In Canadian Service-Aircraft series.

The last chapter in the book is on what models you can buy and it states that even though the Airfix kit is quite basic, it is one of the most accurate.

Don't know if that helps, but I'll be using my Airfix kit to build a CF-5A.

B) Robert

Hi, I have just yesterday, bought a book about the Canadair CF-5, which is part of the In Canadian Service-Aircraft series.

The last chapter in the book is on what models you can buy and it states that even though the Airfix kit is quite basic, it is one of the most accurate.

Don't know if that helps, but I'll be using my Airfix kit to build a CF-5A.

:huh: Robert

Its way to basic :blink: , I hope not to make it less accurate :D ....jejejejee

Thank you for the tip kitnut617 :blink:

Ivan

how did i miss this?

i'm impressed with what you did on the airfix kit, ivan. i can probably mail you the decals that came in the italeri re-issue of the esci kit. PM if you're interested.

how did i miss this?

i'm impressed with what you did on the airfix kit, ivan. i can probably mail you the decals that came in the italeri re-issue of the esci kit. PM if you're interested.

Thank you wery much about the decals, trietmcam already offered to send his, now my little kit has some clothing for the GB <_<

Ivan

:nanner::cheers::cheers:

a friend point me out this problem

IMG_3071.jpg

the nose cone tip points to high, I may think I glued it backwards, but the canons are in the top, or maybe the canons were miss placed, I don't know, Ill try to glue the nose cone upside down.

Ivan

:lol: B) :)

a friend point me out this problem

IMG_3071.jpg

the nose cone tip points to high, I may think I glued it backwards, but the canons are in the top, or maybe the canons were miss placed, I don't know, Ill try to glue the nose cone upside down.

Ivan

I think you did it right sir. It's just that the Airfix kit had many shape problems, this being the biggest problem. In anycase, you can try to sand it down into shape, but I think you'll find that may not solve the shape inaccuracy of the nose.

But I think you are doing an excellent job with what you have. Certainly got further than I did.

Cheers

Well, something was done, I repositioned the nose cone, upside down, didnt work :rolleyes: , so I put it as it was, but a little tilted to the front, and looked OK....and the sanding and filling begins.......while watching Desperate Housewives, well, just hearing it, I was sanding the nose cone.....what you think?.....about the kit, not the TV series:P

the new position, and Mr. Gap

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

after watching DH...:P

IMG_3079.jpg

you get to see the piece of plastic and the putty to fill Mr. Gap :cheers:

IMG_3082.jpg

but now looks a lot better...... :banana:

Ivan

Edited by Ivan T.
Did the package arrive? Hopefully there's enough useful parts for you to use.

T.

Yes it did, Thank you very much, lots of useful parts :thumbsup:, with these extra kit, I got the funny fealing of building a little diorama, but is against the rules of this GB.

Thank yoy again trietmcam

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Im sorry for not updating this build, but I had to put aside this model, so I can focus on building the kits I will enter to the DesertCon here in El Paso, Tx. As soon as I finish the models (1/48 Angolan Su-27, 1/72 Su-24 Fencer C) Ill post some pics fo them and get back with the F-5A for this GB.

:worship:

Ivan

• 1 month later...

Hello back!! :banana:

Ill keep up with my updates, the model was sanded and puttied (a lot), and it was ready for paint. Did not have the a Dark Green color, so I used the Medium Green with a few drops of black, after the color, I lighted the color with a few drops of white so tha paint can look patchy (I guess :cheers:). Here you may see the blue wingtip tanks, its because trietmcam spare me them...thank you! :cheers: , I also used the nose landing gear and decals. So, with out trietmcam's help, this kit couldn't be finish.

IMG_3265.jpg

You may see the big gap in the clear parts, its because I used the hasegawa's clear partes, and cut it to display it open, so I only focus on fitting the windshield :P.

IMG_3269.jpg

:cheers:

Ivan

Edited by Ivan T.