• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok guys I have a Q for you does anyone know whats behind these panels?

pict0029detaillx3.jpg

these seem to be opened on preflight so I was wondering what's behind them and if possible you have any pictures of that? I noticed there were two on top just behind the pit and two on each side and I know there's one right between the flaps.

So any pictures drawings are welcome

thanx in advance

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Edited by stusbke
If you can spot me correctly I'll try to give you my best guess on any questions. :rolleyes: Seriously this was my class from 'A' school NAS Millington TN summer 1977. I thought it would be good for laugh.

classpicturesummer77.jpg

Man I was one of the last Hyd Mec to come out of Millington. When I got to my 1st Squadron they gave me a rivit gun and a bucking bar, and told me to buck rivits. I was like W. T. F I'm a Hyd Mec!!!!! The SSgt then told me S.T.F up you are now a A/F now get to work.

If you can spot me correctly I'll try to give you my best guess on any questions. :rofl: Seriously this was my class from 'A' school NAS Millington TN summer 1977. I thought it would be good for laugh.

classpicturesummer77.jpg

Euh I would guess second row third from the left?? :taunt:

ok next Q why is it that on some of those intake panels there's that extra thing attached to it and on most of them there isn't? :blink: . funny enough I think it has nothing with the type because I have picture of two F version A-4. One with and one without so what gives?

Ps I'm still looking for pictures or drawings on those panels :D

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Euh I would guess second row third from the left?? :lol:

ok next Q why is it that on some of those intake panels there's that extra thing attached to it and on most of them there isn't? :taunt: . funny enough I think it has nothing with the type because I have picture of two F version A-4. One with and one without so what gives?

Ps I'm still looking for pictures or drawings on those panels :banana:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

not the third left on 2nd row :wave:

scan.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok guys I have a Q for you does anyone know whats behind these panels?

Working from left to right in your photo: the panel on top of the fuselage is access for the gravity fueling cap for the fuselage fuel tank. The panel on the left side is access to the engine bay and is open to inspect the fuel control unit (it needs to be set for the proper fuel and that the thrust lever linkage fittings are secure). The third circle seems to be actually on the bottom of the fuselage. This pane opens forward (hinge approximately in line with the trailing edge of the wing) and is referred to as the "Aft Hell-Hole". Located on the inside of the panel hatch is a bag for storing the gear pins.

John Alger

VT-24 1974-1979

Lots and lots of scooter preflights!