Pictures of finished VF-194

Yeah, it doesnt look great, I had to really rush it. For the amount of time I spent, it sould have been way better. I guess sometimes they just dont turn out the way you want. Anyway...

VF194a.jpg

VF194b.jpg

VF194c.jpg

And it sits on its arse, i didnt put in enough noseweight. Something will just have to be put under the ventral, or the wings swept foreward. :unsure:

Looks pretty good to me! :thumbsup:

Got any of the clear sprue left from the canopy/windscreen/etc.? Cut a section of it off and position it in the center of the tunnel, maybe just forward of the tailhook assembly. Once it's sitting on a shelf on display, that little support piece should be just about unnoticeable.

Daniel

Nah, she's fine!! And considering what you went through with it what with the paint deciding to attempt a mutiny, seeing the glorious completion is like...well, like seeing someone alive and doing very well after beating a tough disease.

Good job!!!

I might as well post the box. I sent it overnight mail. I was putting on the finishing touches all morning and early afternoon, I got to the post office with 8 minutes to spare! I'm just glad I made it, otherwise this model might not have been able to make it to sunset.

About the packing, I couldnt get that foam stuff, so I used Andrew D's "Sea of Fluff" idea. It really is a sea of fluff, I cant think of any better way to describe it. And I wrapped all the little individual parts in plastic bags, and the wings and tails, and wings I forgot to send with the VF-74 kit, which I sould have sent earlier. :thumbsup: Hope it all gets there OK

_MG_7535.jpg

_MG_7536.jpg

Edited by tomcatter727
Thanks...I didn't think of that, but its already been sent...

If he has time, maybe Brian could hook you up, as far as that idea goes. I'm sure he must have plenty of clear sprue cluttering the workbench, and it should only be a 2- or 3-minute job, if that...

Regardless, very nice job on it.

Daniel

If he has time, maybe Brian could hook you up, as far as that idea goes. I'm sure he must have plenty of clear sprue cluttering the workbench, and it should only be a 2- or 3-minute job, if that...

Regardless, very nice job on it.

Daniel

Actually, I just vacuumed the "office" today. Wife said the floor was dirty, so I cleaned. Anyway, I should be alble to get her off her arse, and the wife too!

Edited by VF-103guy

A lump of clay shoved up the front of the nose gear bay might do the trick, or part of a lead weight glued to the top of the nose gear bay (if you can get it past the catapult rod on the nose gear anyway). It won't be seen unless there is a mirror under the model. Dropping the tailhook might also be an option (albeit a difficult one with the painted airframe). You a very nice job with that model there man! A good title for the experience on this one might be "The Agony and the Ecstacy." I'm just glad it is done and you pulled through all the adversity. That and a couple prayers to the Moais probably also helped.