Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S.2

• 2 weeks later...
Stephen,

I have the same kit, but without the Neomega set. Be prepared for the fuselage's junction. My box came with warped halves...

I found that out!!!!! The first one I built came from the recent release.this kit was 1st generation and required a lot of work The neomega set wasn't a briiliant fit either compared to the last one.the decision to use the Paragon flaps meant that a section of fuselage had to be replaced with plasticard/bicar of soda/superglue too.

IMG_0828.jpg

Stephen

So far so good Stephen.....isn't the front fuselage joint fun! My 15 squadron Bucc should be finished this weekend. On this, my second Airfix Bucc, I tried drilling the joining edges on the top & bottom parts around the nose & inserting brass rod in the lower halves to line up with the holes in the top....oh yea THAT worked! :D I used the Neomega pit but got a HUGE gap between the top of the instrument panel & the combing which somewhat spoils the effect!

Having butchered two of the RAF boxings of this kit way back, I know what a struggle this beast can be! Looks like you've tamed most of the issues with the fuselage fit though. Interested to see how this works out :huh:

You are making good progress, Stephen.

I think this kit should come in an Airfix gift pack with a tube of filler and super glue thrown in for free.

The way I joined my bucc was to super glue the nose and tail first and once that had set, I closed the wing roots with clamps.

The gap at the mid section must have been about 15mm before I forced it togeather, has anyone ever seen a release of this kit that was not warped! :thumbsup:

Shaun.

I have three of these kits and every time I get keep to start, the dry fit turns me off and the whole box goes back into the stash again...

One day!

Looks great so far, nice work on the fuselage <_<

:nanner:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
  • 4 months later...