Austin's 1/48th MH-60G

Empty shells? Correct me if I´m wrong, but I think those would went outside the A/C due to these cartridge chutes:

minigun.jpg

Another thing: How can the 0.50 be operated? It looks like the ammo-boxes are in the way, I doubt that any gunner could find enough place to sit and work there.

HAJO

Hajo

That's why main-door-mounted M2s are very, very rare. I know it was used some during ODS and they looked at 'em again a few years ago, but for the most part, they're not used because they're just in the way of people entering/exiting the cabin and if people are moving through a particular door, that gun can't be firing (which is why Sikorsky put gunner's seats and windows on the S-70 in the first place). That's also why the Air Force has adopted external ammo cans for the miniguns, to free up cabin space.

Austin

That's a sweet looking Pave Hawk you've got going on. The weathing and sand in the cabin are a nice touch. How did you "create" your fast ropes?

The fast ropes are just string that I spray painted, then super-glued. I then dulled it down with some sand weathering from tamiya.

I am thinking about adding atleast one PJ in back, maybe another one that is just sitting on the edge.

Hopefully more updates this weekend.

Ok, first off, this isn't an update on the MH-60G other than I am starting to doubt adding a soldier sitting in back. Some gear would look cool, I don't know. This is the one thing I hate about models...the indecision...

Here is a cool pic though:

interiorpostpaintgrey2ql1.jpg

I started the MH-68A and got some of the interior stuff painted. I have been working on it for a while (since August) and the interior is finally starting to take shape...I am converting that out of the 1/72 RoG A-109KM, which I have built one and then I am making this into the USCG version.

Take care,

Austin

• 4 weeks later...

Woot Woot!!!Time for an update!

Okay, I have the majority of the PE added and the majority of it complete. I need to add the Flare dispensors and door handles. I also have to finish adding a few other small parts (and most of the clear parts). Then I start on the Main Rotor and the Weapons.

frontleftaf8.jpg

backtoppeus9.jpg

doordp6.jpg

Sorry bout the pics, they aren't the best. My dad has my camera that I normally take pics with in China/Taiwan with him right now (and yes, I told him to keep his eyes open for model shops :nanner: )

Take Care,

Austin

IT'S HERE!!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, so I made my mom go and pick it up when I was in school, I wasn't going to wait all week. Kind of nerd-ish, but it works for me.

dsfigs1lx3.jpg

dsfigs2ae1.jpg

I will most likely be editing this figures, both in pose and weaponry, as the guy in the back of the pavehawk will most likely be holding the M-16, where the guy just standing there will be holding the M-60.

Hope it was worth the "suspense",

Austin

Good news Austin, but you will have a lot of work with them :

Give some thickness at the side of the boots.

And more difficult, but is more a question of time as of technical difficulty : make them smaller.

Huey9.jpg

Huey8.jpg

:cheers: your MH-60 is on the good way, keep us updated, I like it

Norbert