Pro-Modeler A-4 1/48

The camo. looks great. What brand of paint did you use?

the camo paint are acrylics. Gunze Sangyo for the grey, Tamiya for the light brown, and Model Master for the dark brown. The two browns are toned down with white; i think the dark brown is a bit too dark .. but oh well, I'm not going to strip this kit and repaint again.

Kewl. Only reason I asked was, in the last pic, it looked a bit lighter than Insignia, but then again the cameras change darned near everything...and I'd recently read about some people using Italian for the red bits like that.

Still love the browns you used...definitely!

• 1 month later...
I've installled the left intake. I'm currently waiting for the right intake to arrive; it should be on its way soon.

been working on other things .. fuel tanks, bombs ..

picture081ed5.jpg

Does anyone know if the A-4KU actually carried these weapons during the Gulf War?

I could find images of Mk 82s but not this type.

wow ... I thought this thread would have been long buried, I haven't checked the A-4 GB forum since I finished the Skyhawk.

Scooby, here's a pic from Jakub's site :

817_2.jpg

here's another interesting pic, unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like Mk82 Snakeyes with fuse extender

samplebw5.jpg

Edited by Benner
wow ... I thought this thread would have been long buried, I haven't checked the A-4 GB forum since I finished the Skyhawk.

Scooby, here's a pic from Jakub's site :

Great stuff! Thanks for the PM and thank-you both of you, for the last two replies. They answered my question. I have some resin MK 82s with fuse extenders that I think will look great on my Free Kuwait A-4!