Hy guys.

Here it is the 1/72 TU-22. My 3rd kit this month, after one Alifax and the DO-24. This is a big kit... with lots of problems to have a correct fit in the wings! But i think it comes a very beaugthifull kit.

Hope you like it!

Regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

Very nicely built Blinder, I particualrly like the effective weathering. However I regret to point out that Iraqi Tu-22s never actually wore those colours. :D

Thank you mandrake i'm glad you like it!

I asked for help and a modeler gave me this colors!

I'm thinking to build another one, can you give me the correct colors! Thank you in advance!

F.S. 33531 Sand

F.S. 34097 Field Green

Regards Vitor Costa

Edited by Vitor Costa
Thank you mandrake i'm glad you like it!

I asked for help and a modeler gave me this colors!

I'm thinking to build another one, can you give me the correct colors! Thank you in advance!

F.S. 33531 Sand

F.S. 34097 Field Green

Regards Vitor Costa

I did indeed, thank you for sharing it with us.

I cannot give you the exact colours because they are not really know and there is still some debate over that. I for example am confident that they were two tone green over light grey though a minority insist grey/green over light grey.

This 2003 photo gives you an idea:

iraf_tu-22u_destroyed_at_al-taqaddum.jpg

I appreciate this is the trainer version but it matches the other Tu-22 photos that I have collected over the last few years. Please take into account the fading, when operational before 91 the colours would be darker a satin finish.

The myth that Iraqi Tu-22s had a desert scheme seems to be an assumption based upon the fact that Libyan Tu-22s were delivered in such a scheme. Though Italari (and pressumably Revell) got the colours completely wrong the camo pattern itself is suprisingly accurate for Iraqi Blinders although there appear to of been some varaition.

There is a seperate issue regarding the incorrect boxing of the missile nose with the conventional bomb bay. If you do a search for it you should find out what I mean as it has been discussed a few times.

I hope you don't mind me enlightning you onto the correct camo, because you really should be proud of your work it is a very well done Tu-22 and I'm so very impressed with the whole weathering. Could you please tell me how you achieved the chipped paint effects?

I did indeed, thank you for sharing it with us.

I cannot give you the exact colours because they are not really know and there is still some debate over that. I for example am confident that they were two tone green over light grey though a minority insist grey/green over light grey.

This 2003 photo gives you an idea:

iraf_tu-22u_destroyed_at_al-taqaddum.jpg

I appreciate this is the trainer version but it matches the other Tu-22 photos that I have collected over the last few years. Please take into account the fading, when operational before 91 the colours would be darker a satin finish.

The myth that Iraqi Tu-22s had a desert scheme seems to be an assumption based upon the fact that Libyan Tu-22s were delivered in such a scheme. Though Italari (and pressumably Revell) got the colours completely wrong the camo pattern itself is suprisingly accurate for Iraqi Blinders although there appear to of been some varaition.

There is a seperate issue regarding the incorrect boxing of the missile nose with the conventional bomb bay. If you do a search for it you should find out what I mean as it has been discussed a few times.

I hope you don't mind me enlightning you onto the correct camo, because you really should be proud of your work it is a very well done Tu-22 and I'm so very impressed with the whole weathering. Could you please tell me how you achieved the chipped paint effects?

Hello Mandrake.

This was the reference i had to paint the TU-22, the colors was gaven by a modeller!

Thank you for all information.

Vitor Costa

19_2.jpg

Terrific work Vitor. Love the weathering. Well done.

BTW I didn't see it on ou portuguese forum www.modelismo-na.net

Cya :cheers:

Thank you José.

Vou hoje mesmo "inscrever-me" no site... se bem que já tenha tido más experiências com os modelistas nacionais... critica-se muito... e mostra-se muito pouco ou nada! Foi uma das razões que me levou a afastar dos nossos sites, muitas politiquices... e mexericos... aqui "somos muitos" e poucos se conhecem... o que é óptimo... critica-se o trabalho e não o modelista!

Mas também não posso generalizar e deixar uma/s má experiência privar-me de divulgar e participar no "meu" hobby, nem tão pouco de partilhar as minhas experiências e trabalhos.

Desculpa o desabafo!

Um Abraço.

Vitor Costa

Edited by Vitor Costa
The max !!!

Saved all the pics !!

What are the dimensions (L, W) ?

:)

Hi EagleDriver.

Thank you for your interest... i have lots of pics... if you want i can send them to you...

L:55 cm W:33 cm!!!!! Its an huge aircraft!

Regards.

Vitor Costa

• 1 year later...