203SQ '06 Senkyo F-15J

SENKYO! :cheers: SENKYO! :banana: SENKYO! :wacko:

Must start saving $$$ for Hasegawa's Senkyo specials :banana:

Yes Jackman...I miss several issues of Hasegawa's limited Senkyo's BUT I WON'T MISS THIS ONE !

I hardly can't wait for the FIGHTING BEARS and TENGU WARRIORS's special scheme... :nanner:

C6

Edited by Checksix
Well, actually that should be in about a month :cheers:

I always thought the Senkyo were held during summertime June-July period. Is it always at a fixed time period or does t vary yearly? Actually I'd also like to know how long a Senkyo lasts -- about a month?

Speaking of Senkyos, I miss the F-4EJ Kais with their fearsome shark's mouth. They keep coming up with newer versions of the sharkmouth for every Senkyo. Forgive my ignorance ( I haven't been updating myself on JASDF aircraft) but are the F-4EJs still active or have they all been stood down?

Thanks in advance.

I always thought the Senkyo were held during summertime June-July period. Is it always at a fixed time period or does t vary yearly? Actually I'd also like to know how long a Senkyo lasts -- about a month?

Speaking of Senkyos, I miss the F-4EJ Kais with their fearsome shark's mouth. They keep coming up with newer versions of the sharkmouth for every Senkyo. Forgive my ignorance ( I haven't been updating myself on JASDF aircraft) but are the F-4EJs still active or have they all been stood down?

Thanks in advance.

Jackman,

They are still active in some squadrons but I've heard that the JASDF was looking for a new aircraft after the "mishap" of the F-2...

Some people speak about an "F-15 EJ" or the RAPTOR. In some way there are discussions between Japan and the USA about the RAPTOR evne if the US Congress still doesn't allow the exportation of the F-22...

C6

Thanks in advance.

Up to 1990 most of the exercises were held in the last months of the year (November, December). Since then, May, June and July have been the months chosen for the different Senkyo.

How long it takes? Well, it depends on the years. There's not a fixed number of days. Some last just two days and others more than a week.

Planes from every SQ arrive to the base hosting the Senkyo (usually Komatsu AB for the ' Fighter Interception ' Section), including the AGR if the topic of the year is not aerial gunnery, and the Senkyo starts.

After its conclusion results are evaluated and one (or more) are declared 'champions' (there's a medals ceremony, Olympic games style :cheers: ) for both the F-4 and F-15 sections. The 2004 winners were 302 and 303 SQs.

About the F-4s, yes, they're still active. Leaving besides the ADTW and 501SQ planes, three 'active' units still use them: 8SQ (Misawa AB, only 'Fighter Support' outfit fitted with the bird), 301SQ (Nyutabaru AB) and 302SQ (Naha AB).

I believe there are still more than 90 Phantoms around.

Hope it helps

-Javi

I believe there are still more than 90 Phantoms around.

YESSS!! Long live the Phantom :banana:

Thanks for making my day, tengu!

8SQ (Misawa AB, only 'Fighter Support' outfit fitted with the bird)

Those are the ones in the blue F-2-type camo, right?

They are still active in some squadrons but I've heard that the JASDF was looking for a new aircraft after the "mishap" of the F-2...

Not sure why F-2 is considered a mishap. I've always liked the F-2 more than the F-16. *runs away from angry Viper fans * :P

Some people speak about an "F-15 EJ" or the RAPTOR.

Wouldn't it be cool to see an F-15EJ/Raptor in the 2-tone blue F-2 camouflage or the 3-tone F-1 / RF-4EJ camo? :thumbsup:

Speaking of Japan, congratulations to the Prince & Princess on their new son :cheers: May he grow up & decide that Japan should have even cooler fighter planes :yahoo:

YESSS!! Long live the Phantom :D

Thanks for making my day, tengu!

Those are the ones in the blue F-2-type camo, right?

Not sure why F-2 is considered a mishap. I've always liked the F-2 more than the F-16. *runs away from angry Viper fans * :P

Wouldn't it be cool to see an F-15EJ/Raptor in the 2-tone blue F-2 camouflage or the 3-tone F-1 / RF-4EJ camo? :cheers:

A mistake would be more correct in the F-2 issue. Simple equation- Bigger, heavier, same engine. Plus not much space left for avionics/mission growth. Hence the addition of spine and CFTs in the proposed F-2 Kai. But govt/JDA decided to go for a new FX instead.

Your wish may just come true since some of the F-15s slated to be upgraded to serve alongside the new FX will be recon roled to replace the RF-4s.

Also while it's still early in the game, what i heard from a little bird a couple of weeks ago makes me wanna put money on the F-22 as the new FX. Maybe in the interim they'll get some new -15s to cover the gap if the F4s get retired early?