Buy/Sell/Swap Skyhawk stuff

Hey folks,

First off, I regret that I can't participate in the A-4 GB right now. (The A-4 is one of my top 5 faves along with the F-4, F-14, F/A-18, and S-3.)

Anyway, I'd like to contribute to the GB in the only I can - my parts box. I have a small cache of 1/48 Monogram and Hasegawa/Pro-Modeler Skyhawk parts. Unfortunately, no clear parts or fuselage halves remain. I thought I had parts of a KMC A-4 update set left, but I'll have to go back and double-check. Edit - It turns out all I have left from the KMC update set is the hotdog tail antenna and pylon sway braces. The parts box is bursting at the seams and I'll never use all the parts I have.

The number of parts I have left is too long to list here, so if you need something it would be best to PM me with a kit, part #, and description of the part (ie Hasegawa A-4, C3, left main gear door). I'll see if I have the part(s) and postage will be done on a case-by-case basis. (Little things like antennas, wheels, and pylons will just get sent off in an envelope.)

ATTN MODS - Thanks for pinning this thread.

Edited by Alby Moore

Hey, John-

(Or anyone else reading, for that matter) Got a spare 1/48 A-4M nose (w/warts) you're willing to part with? I have an E/F kit to be modded to an A-4M, and have everything I need but the M-style nose. A fellow ARCer promised me one years ago, but somehow never came through - no money ever changed hands, so no hard feelings, but I'd still like to have the full deal. I know the CE set comes with two noses...a standard grey resin and the clear resin version. Someone got one they'd be willing to sell or trade? I know there are -M kits out there (have one of those, too), but purchased this 'full meal deal' (kit + the CE "K" mods, which means no -M nose) before the Hase -M releases. Gee, John... can't imagine where I picked it up second-hand... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Sorry Harv - No gots. Gee, I don't from whom you could've gotten a complete A-4E and a pile of resin A-4 parts. :huh:

So does anyone have a spare A-4M nose from the Meteor Productions/ Cutting Edge A-4M Conversion for Harv?

ATTN MODS - Is there some way to change the sub-topic heading to read "Search/swap/sell Skyhawk sundry spare parts"?

Edited by John Bibay
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks- thanks to those who helped my bloated A-4 parts pile shed some weight. All fuselages, wings, and clear parts are gone. The KMC update parts are all gone. All the landing gear, drop tanks, leading edge slats (both Monogram and Hasegawa) are gone. The pile is down to a much more managable couple of sprues.

Bits and pieces remain and I'll keep sending parts to whoever I can help until the GB is over or the parts run out. Please continue to PM me if you need parts (as before), but in the spirit of the parts thread don't hesistate to post your needs/wants here if I don't have it.

BTW - Does anyone have a spare 1/48 Monogram OA-4M fuselage? I just need the fuselage halves and nothing else.

Edited by John Bibay
I had an unfortunate accident involving a hungry dog and the right slat of Hasegawa's 1/32 Skyhawk. Does anyone have a spare?

Uhhh... a spare dog?

:lol: Just kiddin' man. Couldn't help it. I'd don't do 1/32, but maybe Harv or one of the other guys from the "we like 'em big" camp can help you out.

I had an unfortunate accident involving a hungry dog and the right slat of Hasegawa's 1/32 Skyhawk. Does anyone have a spare?
I'd don't do 1/32, but maybe Harv or one of the other guys from the "we like 'em big" camp can help you out.

Unfortunately, I don't have any spare right-side slats...had a left slat depart the airframe during an unauthorized cleaning procedure (i.e. bi-weekly housekeeper trashed my kit while trying to dust it) and never found it. Managed to fanagle a spare from a kind-hearted soul, but no joy on any extra right slats in 1/32, sorry...

Edited by Harv
  • 1 month later...

First post and trying to get back into model building. So have dragged out all the Scooter kits.

Skyhawk fan, can't you tell?

For other down under decal sheets, if findable, there is:

Microscale Decal 48-214 A-Ks and A-4Ss - pre-Kahu upgrade and pre-SUper

Super Scale International 48-213 RAN F-4G and TA-4G

For the story of the New Zealand Skyhawks try Topped Gun: Requiem for the Skyhawk by Ross Ewing.

If having trouble locating a Monogram Skyhawk kit, still have in shrink wrap

[2] A-4E Skyhawk Kit #5406

[2] High-Tech A-4E Skyhawk Kit #5469

[1] OA-4M Skyhawk Kit #5436

[3] OA-4M Skyhawk Kit #74020

Might be persuaded to part with some or all, e-mail me. For the gentleman looking for a wing slat for a 1/32d scale Hasegawa Skyhawk, e-mail me. Got three of the kits [A-4E, TA-4J, and OA-4M] and only maybe two will be built - ye gads that is a large Scooter.

Thanks in advance.