Started this one today

Box.jpg

Its the old GR.1/1a kit with a new weapons sprue and some typical GR.4/4a parts. A simple kit, no match for Hasegawa or RoG. I will build it just for fun out of the box except the decals. Perhaps as GR.4 from OP Telic, perhaps as GR.1. Don't know yet :thumbsup:

Hi Jan, I'll be interested to see how this much maligned kit turns out. I have one of the GR1's which was short-listed for this build, but I decided on other subjects instead.

Looking forward to your progress.

Steve.

PS you have a great name for a Bavarian :thumbsup: . I had a great trip to Munich a few years back - the memories of the beer-halls are still very warm!

Hi Jan! :lol:

I will also be doing a 1/72 Tornado from Airfix, but the F3 one.

Will you rescribe it? Don't know yet if I will do it ;)

Looking forward to seeing it finished :)

Edited by Dondy
  • 1 month later...

To be honest Jan. I'd not bother trying to do any rescribing, but try and create an impression of the panel lines using paint and weathering effects.

You could, for example, take some copies of 1/72 plans of the nose and cut the panels out in sections and use them as templates to create faux panels with paint.

This is a 1/48 Airfix SHAR I made a few years ago - no re-scribing at all, just paint effects.

e249489bdf.jpg

• 9 months later...