Tamiya 1/48 P-51D Mustang

Sadly my cam is (half)broken. So I have to wait for my ordered cardreader to show you some more progress pics.

I have finished paniting the wingtips and spinner in yellow. Primed with Revell white, followed with gloss yellow from Tamiya. The wheelwells are also brushed now using Tamiya yellow-green XF-4.

As I still haven't received the foil adhesive, I will toss the foiling idea for now and will start using ModelMaster Metalizer for the scheme.

Main painting is done now.

Don't know if it's like the real thing or not but I kinda like it ;)

Used MM Metalizer aluminum, steel and magnesium.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Edited by Dondy
Yet another awesome NMF on this groupbuild!

Lovely job D!

Al

Thank you :thumbsup:

Just one small question: Is it more realistic if doing the various shades symmetrically or more like a "patch work" ?

Very nice! :banana:

Just one small question: Is it more realistic if doing the various shades symmetrically or more like a "patch work" ?

I think the way you have done the NMF is perfect.

Well done.

Mark

Thank you guys :nanner:

Final painting is done now. This afternoon, I will put the decals on. I've sprayed some "Liquid decal film" on the Tamiya decals to prevend the cracking up in water. Hopefully it helps a bit.

Imgp3157.jpg

Imgp3158.jpg

Imgp3160.jpg

I got some spare decals from SuperScale with the same markings. Sadly without the "USAF" writing of the underside and with a writing error... "Was that to fast" :nanner:

But better than nothing ...

Imgp3162.jpg

Thank you all for your encouraging words <_<

After applying a thick film of the Decal Film with a brush I forutnately saved some of the Tamiya decals!

Now they need to swim in water for over a minute to slide from the paper but it works :)

And a friend of mine is sending me new "USAF" writings for the wings. So I hope everything will be done before the deadline :)

As you can see, the "fast ?" is cracking up but I think I saved it barely.

Imgp3176.jpg

Imgp3177.jpg

Imgp3178.jpg

Dondy - great save with those decals. You can get it done in time! I can't say enough bad things about the Scale Master decals that Tamiya includes in some of their kits. I'd rather have Hasegawa's thick creamy-white decals rather than stuff that despite being thin breaks up easily and is not terribly sharply printed.

Dooooooooooooooooonnnnnneeee :) B) :beer4:

First wanted to do some better pics outside but ...

Imgp3196.jpg

So ok, I did some indoors :)

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

See you all in the next GB :)

Edited by Dondy