1:72 Italeri AH-58D

I just finished my AH-58D and used tha last warm rays of the sun to make pictures of this cute little thing.

I added some ECM-devices and scratchbuilt the gun-pod. I thought about giving it a crew also, but didn´t do so because I´m a bit short of pilot-figures. Need urgently to get hold of one of the Italeri ground-crew sets...

AH58fertig4.jpg

AH58fertig2.jpg

AH58fertig1.jpg

AH58fertig3.jpg

HAJO

Thank you for the kind words!

Gunpod: I used a Hellfire-mount for the main structure, cutting away the two struts in the middle and replaced them with plastic-sheet on the outside to make it a "box". Inside I put in a Roco .50cal M2, but not the "usual" ones, but one from the Roco M1 Abrams instead. Also added some lumps and bumps to the gun to make it look better.

The front part of the pod is made of small plates of plastic (upper and lower parts) that I´ve left to dry after glueing. When dried, I made the sidepieces using paper. Paper is much easier to cut (I didn´t cut the pieces in shape before glueing them on the pod) and so it was no problem giving them the right fit by cutting the leftover material after the glue went dry.

The ammo box is made of three plates of 1mm plastic sheet glued together to get the proper "thickness" of the material. After that just cut into the right shape, a bit of sanding and finished is the ammo-box! :thumbsup:

The chute... I thought very long of how to do it, and in the end I came up with a 1:35 scale M-60 ammo-chute of the Dragon Chopper Crew set. I used plastic glue to make the material soft and bend it in the right shape, also cut some milimeters of the chute away with a 45 degree angle and glued it back on to it to get "around the corner".

But as someone already asked in another forum: Is there anybody with a good idea how to make smallscale (like 1:72) ammo-chutes? It can´t be that hard to make them out of flexible plastic or something similar, can´t someone with the right talent raise his hands and start to mass-produce them? I would buy 1 or 2 meters... :thumbsup:

HAJO