Trumpeter 1/48 Wyvern pictures

Heres some shots of the sprues of Trumpeters 1/48 Wyvern. It looks like a real nice kit, and yes it does look like the 1/72 kit scaled up. It has a small gearbox to make the props contra rotate. How good this feature works remains to be seen. I really like it and it looks much better than the Classic airframes kit that i had. I will be starting it very soon and posting pics as i go.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Edited by gunpowder

Mine kit is waiting for me to pickup.

Actually at the swap meet at WASMEx this year, CA Wyverns were being sold for as little as AU$20.

Not sure what to do with my CA kit. Might use the resin and ditch the rest.

Thanks for the pics.

:(

MikeJ

I believe the gearbox parts are pre-assembled vinyl, and not attached to sprues. I may be wrong however.

Here is the sprue with the gearbox. Very simple. The only annoying thing is that the windscreen is attached to one of the clear panels.

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

$5 says a mountain gets made out of those rivet mole hills. It's a pretty safe guess who will be the one to complain about it, too.

Looks like an amazingly nice kit.

No bets...I've allready got my popcorn ready for that show when it starts :cheers:

(grinning wickedly) "When did Trumpeter buy Otaki?"

BTW...has anyone noticed how the 'terrible' Hasegawa P-400 rudder looks under a coat of paint? Could the story by chance, just by chance, be the same here? :cheers:

Hopefully mine arrives today from Spruebros.

Daryl J.

Shame to see the airbrakes are still molded in situ :huh:

but musnt grumble though, how long for the 1:48 Gannet?? (you now where you heard it first!!!!) :huh:

Give Trumpeter time....I'd swear I saw a listing for 2007 that had a Gannet listed AND the 72nd is supposed to be out in 2006. The listing had no scale and nobody had an answer as to what it'd be. :D

Long live ugly British aircraft :rofl: - There is supposed to be a 32nd Buccaneer next year!

hi guys, got mine yesterday at the sutton show looks great in the box hope it builds as well, the detail & instructions are superb.....the only thing i'm not sure of is the office coluor dark ghost grey? i would have said black like the seafury & seahawk.....might be wrong though :woot.gif:

andy :)

Give Trumpeter time....I'd swear I saw a listing for 2007 that had a Gannet listed AND the 72nd is supposed to be out in 2006. The listing had no scale and nobody had an answer as to what it'd be. :wacko:

Long live ugly British aircraft :banana: - There is supposed to be a 32nd Buccaneer next year!

Hmmm ugly British aircraft that only its mother would love....

"Memo:

To: Ministry of Defence, UK.

This is a note regarding the current layout of British forces. Finally after we told you that you needed new large carriers you have agreed, especially after you saw a map with Australia actually placed 200 miles or so back in its original place we would now like you to consider making new ugly British aircraft. The Nimrod is well and good, even though its sometimes too good, but luckily no-one outside the military notices that much, if at all.

Perhaps a new AEW airplane would be good idea, we would sell you some in exchange for whatever remains of your overseas bases, or just hard cash. If you decide to venture off and make your own please do so as we all miss seeing butt ugly planes that would give our fighter jocks just so much fun to poke fun at. Everything in the air looks the same other than Russian jets.

Sincerely,

DoD"

Matt

Cockpit was black, and the top colour was Extra Dark Sea Grey, not Dark Sea Grey. Regarding the "ugly" Buccaneer, I heard a story of an exercise, East of Italy, which involved a US carrier force, and a RN force, to the North. The British were to attack, any time after 09.00, so Buccaneers flew across Italy, down the West coast, crossed back across Italy, and came up from the South, arriving, at 0 feet, at 09.01 precisely. No-one saw them coming, they had to climb, to clear the carrier, and the carrier was deemed "sunk, with all hands."

Edgar

Hey never said I didn't like the Bucc! I'd have loved to have gotten one of those 2 in 1 Airfix kits a couple of years ago! Just that it was ugly - like most everything Blackburn ever touched. :D Hey it still looks better than the Intruder. Now if we can only get Trumpeter to scale down the 'new' one to 48th eventually!

P.S. if I remember the Eagle drivers at Red Flag back then had to spot the Buccs by the dust trails they kicked up!

It was actually quite easy to pick up the Buccs, but only when they climbed to deconflict with the low level Jags :cheers:

It was actually quite easy to pick up the Buccs, but only when they climbed to deconflict with the low level Jags :cheers:

Okay...okay...now it's time for the Vulcan and Canberra crowd to chime in! :D

Amazing how far off this thread has veered

Edited by Matt Roberts
Cockpit was black, and the top colour was Extra Dark Sea Grey, not Dark Sea Grey. Regarding the "ugly" Buccaneer, I heard a story of an exercise, East of Italy, which involved a US carrier force, and a RN force, to the North. The British were to attack, any time after 09.00, so Buccaneers flew across Italy, down the West coast, crossed back across Italy, and came up from the South, arriving, at 0 feet, at 09.01 precisely. No-one saw them coming, they had to climb, to clear the carrier, and the carrier was deemed "sunk, with all hands."

Edgar

I have two things to say:

First, it's a good thing you're on our side.

Second, I have no problem with ugly aircraft. For us, the "Hawg" does it's job perfectly and it has to be the ugliest thing in the air these days!!

:banana:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess?

I for one think that the Blackburn Buccaneer was one of the most graceful jets to take to the air, its natural curves and bumps remind me of a voluptuous Woman's body :D

The Hog too, looks a mean purposeful Jet IMHO, however, try as I might, I think the F-22 Raptor looks bland and dull, perhaps because of its stealth properties? The YF-23 was by far the better looking aircraft IMHO, yup, sure I know, they don't build em for looks, that's just a side effect :D

But going back to the subject matter, I think the Wyvern looks mean, wasn't this the fastest piston engine aircraft ever made? I've been told it was the Bearcat, but not so sure?

Next thing you know, they'll be doing a 24th Lysander!

:rofl:

You laugh but I saw a partially made one at the Brampton show, was on the heratige aviation stand dont know if its a one off scratchbuild or masters for something!

It was very big! :lol:

Julien