1/20 Nichimo Cessna 172 Skyhawk

Great job on this C-172 :cheers: ....I have many hours in this nose-laden 4 seater, and this model brought back many memories.....scared the hell out of my managers everytime I went flying for lunch. (aka $100 cheeseburger).

Any know where to get that kit?

Absolutely fantastic from spinner to trim tab! That paintwork looks exactly as it should, perfect.

And since George asked, yes, I do remember my first solo. Back in '73 at Buttonville Airport north of Toronto. My instructor, Reg Good, had me doing circuits, which I considered a bit of a bringdown after the hours of other stuff we had done. I wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the big one, as I only had about 9 hours and the average at YKZ in those days was about 13. After doing a couple he muttered "Another like that and you'll be ready to go solo." I couldn't believe that I had heard him correctly, but sure enough after the next one he had me turn off runway 15 onto the ramp, calmly hopped out and said "Okay, try one on your own", gave me a grin, and closed the door and walked away.

Aced it! My parents took me out for a beer that night, and it took about a week to get the silly grin off my face! :banana: