Congress debates dangers of exporting Pentagon's prize jet

Well, I just hope they'll prove more reliable than the Maserati's with what they're being compared ...

And about the export thing : I don't see why - in time - Japan wouldn't get any . So far they've always got to buy "America's finest" .

That way us modelers might hope on some nice schemes like the Senkyo ones ....

:cheers:

Stef

Do to the increasingly violent rhetoric coming from Canada, we in Michigan have decided to redeploy the Michigan Militia to address this new threat. We can, however, assure you that we will continue to train for the next war with Ohio over that golden city on the hill, Toledo.

Question to ponder: If Canada was invaded, would Quebec immediately surrender?

Please note that all of this is made in jest. The next war with Ohio will obviously be over who gets stuck with Detroit. If you manage to take offense to this post, I will find you and slap you with a rubber chicken.

Do to the increasingly violent rhetoric coming from Canada, we in Michigan have decided to redeploy the Michigan Militia to address this new threat. We can, however, assure you that we will continue to train for the next war with Ohio over that golden city on the hill, Toledo.

Please note that all of this is made in jest. The next war with Ohio will obviously be over who gets stuck with Detroit. If you manage to take offense to this post, I will find you and slap you with a rubber chicken.

If the Michigan Milita is like their football team we'll be fine in OHIO, GO BUCKEYES! :cheers:

Mike

NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.

In the light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today. Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The rt. hon. Tony Blair, MP - for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed. To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

(...)

7. You should declare war on Quebec and France, using nuclear weapons if they give you any merde. The 98.85% of you who were not aware that there is a world outside your borders should count yourselves lucky. The Russians have never been the bad guys. "Merde" is French for "****".

(...)

:redx: :huh: :rofl::rofl:

They have cities up there? I thought they all lived in Igloo villages?!?!? They can't even grow bananas up there!!!

How could I have forgotten? Sheesh on me. Good thing we gave them fire and the invention of the wheel or they'd be in the stone age! Oh wait . . .

Matt

Yeah right...we lost the last war between us and Michigan, and we had to take Toledo in the peace treaty :cheers:

Matt

Columbus, Ohio

Just wait until November....Wolverines we don't need no stinking Wolverines :whistle:

More dangerous than invasion by Canadians is the covert infiltration by these people... there is no reliable way to detect Canadians... they look and sound just like us. The tell tale signs are the frequent use of the term"eh" and they seem to pronounce House as "hoose" and about as "A-boot". Be on the look out felow citizens... they could be anywhere... even your closest neighbour could infact be a Canadian.... they are everywhere....

More dangerous than invasion by Canadians is the covert infiltration by these people... there is no reliable way to detect Canadians...

If you really want to root out Canadians, it's very simple. Just ask them what comes after 'Y' in the alphabet. :banana:

meanwhile, back on the farm...

I'd love to see a watered-down variant of the F-22 exported if it means we can afford more for our own airforces. I think the platform, in addition to being top of the line now, probably has great potential for growth in order to accomodate future threats.

Problem is the only the Japanese can afford it. The Japanese policy generally is the demand tech transfer and at the very least partial domestic manufacture. A lot of the secrets behind the jet are in that manufacturing process... which probably isn't in our interests to hand over to anyone.