RF-4EJ Photo Phantom

G'day guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

re the canopies, they are simply dipped in future, (at the beginning of the build, and then they have about 6 months to dry. I build slow.... :banana: ) Once attached, they are amsked with Tamiya tape. The sealing putty is also Tamiya tape, cut into thin strips and applied. I was very pleasantly surprised by how well in curved around the top of the centre windscreen panel!

Here's another shot of an area I'm kinda proud of....

image014.jpg

Filling the rear Sparrow bays was a pain!! The kit supplied inserts didn't even go half way to fitting or filling the recess.

here's a close up of the nose art.

image009.jpg

Cheers

M

Nice job Matt!

I have one of those kits in the painting stage with a several others in various stages.

You are absolutely right about the Sparrow bay inserts - too bad many modelers just leave them they way Hasegawa provided them. The shape of the lower aft fuselage is incorrect if the modeler does not do anything about it.

Are all four colours from Humbrol? If so, what are the paint numbers?

Regards,

G'day again,

thanks for all the compliments on the build. They're greatly appreciated.

Re the paint, the green are:-

34108 1 x Humbrol 101 + 1 x Hum 88

34097 2 x hum 80 + 1 x Hum 116

both of these mixes were taken from the IPMS Switzerland site, and I thought they matched very well.

The brown was mixed with 2 x Hum250 + 2 x hum 130 (white) + 1 x Hum 148

The FS number is listed as 30372, but none of the photo's I've seen look anything like this colour, so I mixed to match a particular photo that I liked! Your mileage......

Re sitting this next to a Mitsubishi F-1, I have one at the paint stage right now, so it won't be too far away :rofl:

cheers

M