VF-32 Down to the wire (pics to follow)

Down to the wire, almost finished, sorry I haven't kept you guys up to date just been busy trying to get this baby done. I'm not very good with posting pics so I will be sending them to Brian tonight once I get home and finish a couple of small touchups. Didn't have much time to weather it so she looks like it just rolled of the assembly line. This is my first aircraft model in over 15 years so I hope it lives up to what I have seen here. My hats off to everyone, the models I have seen on here are great, this should be a great show.

Hope to see some of you there.

Well, its one in the morning, I'm finally finished, I spent alittle over an hour just figuring out how to import pictures from my camera so I could email Brian my finished pics. I hope I made the deadline. Will try and fiqure out how to post pics here after I get home from work tonight. By the way to answer you question ColinK it a B model STS 107 tribute.

HERE THE PICS, I HOPE THIS WORKS

DSCN0793.jpg

This is the only picture I can get to resize, I can seem to figure out how to get my other ones to shrink.

They take up most of the screen.

I will keep trying

I don't know what I'm doiing wrong, I resized the pictures to 320x240 in photobucket but when I transfer

them to here the blow up huge??? Any Ideas.

Edited by PDIXON316

Thanks, yep it the old Revell Kit, not show stopping quality but its done. This model represented a few firsts,

first time complete scribing of complete nose section, first TPS scheme, first airbrush aircraft, I enjoyed building it. Landing Gear, Weapons pylons, landing gear and pitot tubes left off due to space in the car. We are stopping of in New York first then heading to Virginia Beach and I don't want anything to get broken during the travel (not bringing spares). I'm going to take pics of them and post them as well. I just wanted to show that it is completed and at one o'clock in the morning my photo op was a little rushed.

That looks very nice there! I was wondering which VF-32 bird would get represented and I figure it would have been a tossup between this one and the Mig-23 shootdown birds. I am glad it is this one though as I have a soft spot for anything Columbia related. :whistle:

BTW, is that the Steel Beach open Tomcat IFR probe bay or did you scratchbuild it? It looks very nice.

Edited by Jay Chladek
That looks very nice there! I was wondering which VF-32 bird would get represented and I figure it would have been a tossup between this one and the Mig-23 shootdown birds. I am glad it is this one though as I have a soft spot for anything Columbia related. :whistle:

BTW, is that the Steel Beach open Tomcat IFR probe bay or did you scratchbuild it? It looks very nice.

The IFR bay is from steel beach as well as the Intake Covers and Engine Covers, They all worked really well

with little problems. I have better detail shots of the cockpit during building I will post them later.