So who all is going to Oceana?

I have to wonder how many of us are making the trip to Oceana? So far I know of the following who are going:

Brian (obvious)

Darren Roberts

PDIXON

Jay Chladek

and two or three others

Anyone else?

Those who are going, what hotels do you plan to stay at? I am looking for lodging myself since my plans are on the last minute side.

I will also be taking a couple digital cameras along. I would like to try and shoot pictures of every jet on display at least for possible posting on ARC. But, if they pass muster, maybe we could submit them to one of the mags like FSM (I don't have the ability to set up a mini studio like they do though). Wouldn't it be cool to see something like this featured in their "Great Scale Modeling" special mag? No guarantees of course, but you never know.

Wish I was. Can't lose the time from teaching...plus I'm already taking off several days in early December for a pilgrimage to Pearl Harbor with the USS Arizona survivors. As much as I love the Tomcat, there really wasn't any question which one I needed to be at.

Well, were off, hope to see some of you guys down there, heading to New York first then we should be in Virginia Beach on Weds afternoon. Got my camera(s) ready. Have a safe trip to all those that are travelling and for those who can't be with us, wish you were coming and I'll takes lots of pics of your models.

I have one favor to ask of you guys that'll be there, with cameras in hand: if you remember, could someone please try to take a photo of the outside of the port tail of my model (VF-142)? Reason being, I'd like to take neu up on his offer of making a print of it, but I'm lacking a quality resolution, zero-angle 'profile' view of the tail markings. Specifically, here's how he described what he was looking for:

"...the areas showing the specific markings, texts with the less possible distortion (perpendicular view if possible)..."

Maybe, if the situation allows, you could even take left-side profile shots of every model there--that way anyone else who wanted to be a part of neu's generous offer would have exactly the right kind of references to send him. (Here's his original thread about it, if you'd forgotten or somehow missed it when it was posted: http://s102164210.onlinehome.us/forums/ind...showtopic=95498 )

Well, if you remember, or even if you don't--thanks! :D

Daniel

I'll be delivering my VF-302 build ..... just cannot bring myself to trust it to the hands of the Post Office ...or UPS ....or FedEx ...... it's only a 3 hour ride for me .....besides .....gives me a chance to stop up at Denbigh Hobby on the way home and exercise my credit card :-)

http://www.dhcinc.com/

Scott T

I'll be delivering my VF-302 build ..... just cannot bring myself to trust it to the hands of the Post Office ...or UPS ....or FedEx ...... it's only a 3 hour ride for me .....besides .....gives me a chance to stop up at Denbigh Hobby on the way home and exercise my credit card :-)

http://www.dhcinc.com/

Scott T

Oh, darn...you actually have to be there....*sigh*

:D