This question has been asked many times & I don't think a definitive answer was ever provided covering ALL areas. Anyway, here's what I used on mine! Main airframe colour is RAF Camouflage (Barley) Grey. Randome is slightly darker although the actual shade (& whether it is actually even painted) ever confirmed. Cockpit side walls RAF Admiralty Grey with the actual tub very close to the main airframe colour. Intakes white aft of the lips which are airframe colour. U/c bays & legs white

DSCF1335.jpg

HTH

I'm going to use some artistic license because, just like F16's There are no two the same. Barley Grey looks way darker than this one, although in the air it looks similar :blink:

Raf Leuchars had a single seater and a twin seater on flying displays both were different.

example

ef2000.JPG

ef2002.JPG

ef2003.JPG

ef2004.JPG

Edited by Bryan

I think the biggest contributing factor to the confusion of the colors on the Typhoon actually lie in what side of the pond the kit is being built.

Although much appreciated, the defined colors are often British Standard colours (to which there are no Federal Standard matches). What is considered a camoflage gray in the U.S. looks quite different in shade when compared to camoflage grey in the U.K.!

All very confusing!

I think it really does come down to what *looks* right to the modeler.

I have two Typhoons in the stash and I've resolved myself to test colors to see what looks right.

Cheers!

John

Well, at least with twoBobs over here, we have ready access to the wonderful Xtracrylics range. So, Camoflague Gray then. Is it one color over all?

From the previous thread linked to above:

The official colours are as follows:

Overall: BS381C no. 626 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Cockpit is BS381C no. 632 Dark Admiralty Grey.

Leading and trailing edge flap interiors: FS595B 36280 (Slightly lighter than RAF Ocean Grey).

Intake Flap interior: BS381C no. 626 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Intakes (Aft of intake flap - Inside intake ducting): FS595B 26492.

Radome: FS595B 36314 Flint Grey (This is supposedly an FS equivalent to Barley Grey, however looking at the real aircraft it appears to have a slight brownish

tint). I'd suggest adding a dash of Dark Earth to BS381C no. 626 "

Although much appreciated, the defined colors are often British Standard colours (to which there are no Federal Standard matches). What is considered a camoflage gray in the U.S. looks quite different in shade when compared to camoflage grey in the U.K.!

So use this, which cross-references colours based on their BSC #. Or go with the Humbrol paints (while you can :blink:), which have most of the major BSC shades in the line, listed as BSC 626 Camo grey, etc.