"Victory 207, Aardvark 101, and Hellcat 101.. cleared for departu

100_2260.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2258.jpg

Got some fiddly bits to attach to all 3 models once I get them to Virginia, but this is how they will make the trip on board the plane. Travelling with these will also be Kstater94's "Fast Eagle 101"

01.jpg

If those gorrilla-looking baggage-handlers man-handle my rubbermaid container, I will have to kill someone.

Man, those look nice, especially the weathering. What's your method for achieving it?

Have fun, and then have even more fun for those of us that can't be there! :) :(

Daniel

Thanks for the compliments!

It's just your basic sludge wash. When I get back from Oceana I will post a picture of the stuff I use. It's water soluable, so if you don't like it, a damp cloth wipes it all off so you can try again until you're happy! All 3 jets have a small amount of pre-shading done also (white painted in the center of some panels before the gull grey went down) to produce a little bit of fading.

I'm pretty partial to that VF-84 jet... I almost wish I weren't parting with it, I hope it wins something though!

... and trust me, I'm seriously gonna live it up over there for you guys!

When I get back from Oceana I will post a picture of the stuff I use. It's water soluable, so if you don't like it, a damp cloth wipes it all off so you can try again until you're happy!

Nice Cats Jeremy!

Are you using The Detailer?

It's just your basic sludge wash. When I get back from Oceana I will post a picture of the stuff I use. It's water soluable, so if you don't like it, a damp cloth wipes it all off so you can try again until you're happy! All 3 jets have a small amount of pre-shading done also (white painted in the center of some panels before the gull grey went down) to produce a little bit of fading.

Geez, hard to believe it's that simple! :( The VF-84 one in particular has so much depth to it... :)

Gee, if only we had a 1/72 carrier deck to display all these models on. Those are some fantastic looking builds there man! It is also nice to see Kstater's Black Aces Sukhoi killer on the deck as well.

I honestly don't know which model is going to take "Top Cat" honors. Even the builds that went quick are looking dang good.

Wow, All Four Cats look Great Jeremy and John !!!

I hope the Baggage Gorillas don't "Blow Dead Bears"!!!

Congrats on finishing some Fine Tomcats Guys and Jeremy, Have a Safe Trip and a GREAT Time !!!

Gregg

In the "Very Important News..." thread that has everyone's names and what squadron(s) they're doing, Darren is listed as confirmed for VF-33, VF-103SL, VF-202, and VF-101...

Edited by AP_Hancock
In the "Very Important News..." thread that has everyone's names and what squadron(s) they're doing, Darren is listed as confirmed for VF-33, VF-103SL, VF-202, and VF-101...

Well, the JR's may have my heart, but I still hope every one will be represented. It's only right!

Wow, All Four Cats look Great Jeremy and John !!!

I hope the Baggage Gorillas don't "Blow Dead Bears"!!!

Congrats on finishing some Fine Tomcats Guys and Jeremy, Have a Safe Trip and a GREAT Time !!!

Gregg

Thanks for the comments, Gregg... we're both hoping the same thing.

Are you kidding, those builds look great and look like contenders to me! I hope someone posts photos of the event.

Mine certainly WILL NOT win. As I've said before, I left a few parts off and... well, now I can laugh about it, but I did a horrible job on the ejection handles because I had about 5-seconds to get them done. If anyone wants to touch those up when setting up the ceremony, be my guest. I have to say I'm envious as to how well your builds turned out. Great job!