You are a bad trader if....

What about:

Heard that several times from a guy who wanted to buy 2 tank kits off me.

Then I don't get the money, and another week passes, and I still don't have the money, and another week passes and still no payment, by this time it had been about 3 weeks for the payment to get to me, I emailed him again, I get a quick response:

Something didn't look right, him and his wife both write in run-on sentences with no capitalization, the writing styles were exact.

Anyone want to buy 2 1/35 scale M1 kits? :D

Ken

Yep, sent you a PM with the details. Did you get burned by him?

Ken

not burned but the same promise of buying a kit from me. lots of excuses. same " wife " wrote me about his being in the hospital. even had some other modelers vouch for him.

My all time worst one:

Ordered (and paid for) a kit after seeing an ad in FSM and got the following response...

I will ship the kit just as soon as I build the master, raise the money to make the mold, cast the parts and make up the instruction sheets and decals.

p.s. Would you happen to have any reference material I could get from you to assist in making the master mold.

Stephane from Stratosphere models

Approx a year later I find out the kit has been completed since he was giving them away free to people who had to wait a month or more for their orders to be filled. Needless to say this was my first and last order to this company.

I have also had...

... not in stock yet, despite other people getting the kit.

... from a fellow arcer ... my girlfriend forgot to goto the Post Office.

... my dogs sick and I cant get out...

A beliveable excuse "i sent it via canada post so will be there some time this year!" :cheers:

Julien

My all time worst one:

Ordered (and paid for) a kit after seeing an ad in FSM and got the following response...

I will ship the kit just as soon as I build the master, raise the money to make the mold, cast the parts and make up the instruction sheets and decals.

p.s. Would you happen to have any reference material I could get from you to assist in making the master mold.

Approx a year later I find out the kit has been completed since he was giving them away free to people who had to wait a month or more for their orders to be filled. Needless to say this was my first and last order to this company.

:o :yahoo: :yahoo: :D

My all time worst one:

<snip>

Similar to what happened to me, paid for a kit late August/early September, PM'ed him around the 10th of Sept., response: "Got the payment, I'm packing the kit"

2 weeks later, no kit, so I PM'ed him again, response this time?

"When I was packing the kit, I found a couple of missing parts, need to recast them, pressure pot in the shop, etc. Maybe a couple of weeks."

Fast forward to last week, the 'couple of weeks' had passed, no word from him, so I fire off an email, since his PM inbox stays full, and told him that he had waay too much time to get the kit done, so I wanted a refund.

His response? I'm not 'understanding' enough about his situation, since he works hard in a job that he gets called out a lot (law enforcement) and he's a one man operation, etc. :lol: :crying:

Annnnnnd, he doesn't have a pc at home since he's not rich (his words), so he has to use a internet cafe, and with work and everything, he can disappear for a week or more, but don't worry, I'm still working on it.

Plus, according to him he tries to have great customer service, and I should be thankfull he wanted to ship a complete kit, and since I'm not 'understanding' about the cusotmer service, he's going to ship the kit and strike my name from his customer list for good since I'm not 'understanding.'

Oh, and no refunds, company policy and all that, plus he's spent the money already.

I find out about all this AFTER he's got my money (of course).

Saw where he's having a 'root canal' sale on some of his kits and artwork, STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY from him.

UPDATE 10-22-06

Got the kit yesterday, arrived complete.

Did get a note in the order receipt that the month and a half between the order and shipping was a record for him, awww, how nice. :banana::cheers:

Ken

Edited by kenlilly106

an emali statng that you are trading with a Nigerian Prince who is hiding in a Refugee camp. If you send him 10 of your best models, he will wire you the access number to his model stash with 10 million out of production wonderkits, that he will split with you 50-50.

but remember, all you have to do is send your 10 kits first.......

419 scam work on modelers?????

might be worth checking out.....

:D

Ric

• 2 weeks later...
Honest.

I ran outta gas.

I had a flat tire.

I didn't have enough money for cab fare.

My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.

An old friend came in from outta town.

Someone stole my car.

There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's.

It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!

:)

Probably the best 'excuse confession' ever, although I bet some people out there will be trying to outperform Jake. :D

Haven't had any problems sofar, and would never like to have, but I do have a huge delay, which I'm trying (hard) to be patient with... guess we'll have to wait and see.

You send a very nice package to someone at a very resonable price but leave out one of the critical items that made it a nice package in the first place.

Then three months later when you're rummaging through things you find the 1/32 Black Box F-16C cockpit that you thought you sent to this guy and you go

"Waaaaait a minute... I'm not supposed to have one of these anymore!"

Sorry Jim, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Edited by titan
  • 4 weeks later...
That JUST happened to me....I didn't calculate the postage either, the POST OFFICE did!

It also took 3 days to return to me from 6 BLOCKS AWAY!!

scan0002.jpg

You would laugh/cry if this were not true, I hope you took it to where you originally posted it and complained!

Julien ;)

• 1 year later...

i know ive been slow in some trades. it amazes me in how much a couple inches in box size matters in price to ship. started using that automated postal center in the post office. can now drop packages off any time, day or night. and in scott's returned envelope, how many times you think the overpaid box gets checked?

• 1 month later...

You offer to buy items from a sale list, repeatedly stall the purchase, make excuses for why the payment hasn't been sent (sick, vacation, dog ate the homework), claim the payment has been mailed, but lost enroute, offer to re-mail the payment, only to have it arrive two weeks later (mail takes 3-4 days from ANYWHERE in the country) - and then as soon as the payment arrives start to ask where the shipment is, despite a multi-week delay in payment.

From there, the next time you deal with that person, they pull most of the same shenanigans, delays, excuses, etc. only to ask that you bring the requested items (which haven't been re-listed on the sale list) to the nationals. Then when presented face to face with the items, say that you don't have any more cash, and that you'll get more for the next day - run through this song and dance until nationals Saturday, only to claim that you still don't have any cash, despite the bags of goodies that you're carrying around - and that you really only need one of the three items that you requested.

Yeah, that's good trading by a much loved member of this site...

Yeah, that's good trading by a much loved member of this site...

... you're assuming he's a much loved member of this site; perhaps there's some within ARC who ridicule him and know what he's like :thumbsup:

... you're assuming he's a much loved member of this site; perhaps there's some within ARC who ridicule him and know what he's like :thumbsup:

seems like a person who would ask for money when they didn't buy insurance!

Edited by g0_command0

Hmm, guilty of this myself..if:

I forget about the deal! (Really gotta fix this one)

Being too lazy to go to the post office...(something I always blame on having too much hassle to go, but really its more of my laziness than anything)

• 4 months later...