You are a bad trader if....

You send a very nice package to someone at a very resonable price but leave out one of the critical items that made it a nice package in the first place.

Then three months later when you're rummaging through things you find the 1/32 Black Box F-16C cockpit that you thought you sent to this guy and you go

"Waaaaait a minute... I'm not supposed to have one of these anymore!"

Sorry Jim, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Oh man, I just did that...I was going to post myself as a bad trader here because I forgot to include the instructions to the Lindberg B-17 I sold late last year, when I came across this thread.  The worst part is, I can't find the guy's name or email anywhere!  If you bought a Lindberg B-17, a Revell F-89, and a Revell B-58 Hustler, please, please email or PM me.  I'm really sorry about not including your instructions. :P

Cheers,

Alex

• 10 months later...
Dont forget the old "I tried to email you to confirm your address before I shipped it ,but all your emails bounced back!" :cheers:

Funny, this was exactly the reason the guy at North American Hobbies store gave me (after multiple e-mails sent, and even a fax with 3 E-mail addresses listed on it). That web store is a joke.

You offer to buy items from a sale list, repeatedly stall the purchase, make excuses for why the payment hasn't been sent (sick, vacation, dog ate the homework), claim the payment has been mailed, but lost enroute, offer to re-mail the payment, only to have it arrive two weeks later (mail takes 3-4 days from ANYWHERE in the country) - and then as soon as the payment arrives start to ask where the shipment is, despite a multi-week delay in payment.

From there, the next time you deal with that person, they pull most of the same shenanigans, delays, excuses, etc. only to ask that you bring the requested items (which haven't been re-listed on the sale list) to the nationals. Then when presented face to face with the items, say that you don't have any more cash, and that you'll get more for the next day - run through this song and dance until nationals Saturday, only to claim that you still don't have any cash, despite the bags of goodies that you're carrying around - and that you really only need one of the three items that you requested.

Yeah, that's good trading by a much loved member of this site...

Didn't you hand deliver stuff, or try to, at a recent IPMS Nationals (2 years ago) for the same person?? :thumbsup:

Oh wow, reading this I feel like crap. Mailed out my Stuka & 190 Decals to a fellow ARCer... and yeah, even though the post office on this base may be a bit slow, I was ticked when it came back with the wrong address attached. I had to ask again. It was my dumb assumption - ignorance really - that a Postal Code that has the same format as us in Canada, and has a city the same as one on the West Coast, was the same place... so the address was listed as a domestic one.

Boy did I feel dumb that day. The other set of decals made it there no problem though.

I actually have to be included onto this list as of last night. Had a deal going with Sean (Flyingfortress) for a 1/32 airplane kit. While communicating with him the other day, I asked Sean if he received it as I sent out to him before I received the check. Of course he tells me no. So I start getting a little worried and since its been about 6 days and I "thought" I sent it priority mail, off I go to the office and start looking thru all my receipts and guess what.......I cant find it? Ok, so what the hell- I think to myself......Oh no I didn't? Oh crap, yes I did.......I forgot to send the damn thing! Talk about feeling totally stupid! So off to the computer to tell Sean what a dumb @&& I am!

Anyway, off to the post office I went this morning with a box for Sean............. I am such a schmuck! :monkeydance:

Robert

• 4 weeks later...
I actually have to be included onto this list as of last night. Had a deal going with Sean (Flyingfortress) for a 1/32 airplane kit. While communicating with him the other day, I asked Sean if he received it as I sent out to him before I received the check. Of course he tells me no. So I start getting a little worried and since its been about 6 days and I "thought" I sent it priority mail, off I go to the office and start looking thru all my receipts and guess what.......I cant find it? Ok, so what the hell- I think to myself......Oh no I didn't? Oh crap, yes I did.......I forgot to send the damn thing! Talk about feeling totally stupid! So off to the computer to tell Sean what a dumb @&& I am!

Anyway, off to the post office I went this morning with a box for Sean............. I am such a schmuck! :bandhead2:

Robert

Just be happy that Mr Sir Sean His Highness Master let that one slide! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I see North American Hobbies have come up a few times.

Sent this to NAH.

Still waiting for a reply concerning this order that still has yet to arrive.Now over a month with no confirmation of dispatch.

This is the second email asking the same question. Still no answer.

Funds were taken same day of order 4th January. Over a month ago

Your order dispatch , communication and delivery does not seen to be as efficient as your payment processing.

This is the reply:

Got em going out to you today, sorry for the delay!

Great customer service...takes a month to send an item thats in stock!! NOT

• 8 months later...
when you receive your purchase, you realize that those nice curvy, shaped parts shouldn't arrive in a flat package.

Packaging people pack-a-ging!

Yep. When I buy from Ebay, I always send a message with my payment requesting they pack my purchase carefully so they know I'll be looking for that. Amazing that some sellers will take a fragile model, pad the heck out of the area between the model box and the shipping box, but ignore the loose parts banging around inside the model box. I buy mostly older models, so they typically are already opened, with the parts loose in the box. Several times the small parts have worked themselves out of the model box and I've had to dig through the shipping box to locate them. Not fun when they used shredded paper or popcorn as padding...

This is especially true of kits that are packed in boxes that are 2-3X taller than they need to be for that kit, that's a lot of open space to bounce around in during shipment.

I use recycled bubble wrap for packing inside the kti box, put a layer or 2 in the box and then tape the lid in a couple of places.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...