Two Battlestars in season 3

They are supposed to Wrap up the "battle for New Caprica" in a four episodes or so from what I remember reading about the show.

Ok I think I can handle that. I still have yet to come to grips with the fact that the colonial forces were allowed to become dilapidated though. I mean after all the fleet had gone through to think that they would just "beat their swords into plow shears" with out any thought to the possibility of the Cylons showing up is a bit of reach for me. Then again, the fact that the Cylons haven't locked up all of the "known" Colonial Military establishment yet is a kind of silly too.

Oh well bring on season 3 I guess.

Edited by BrockyTaz

02-10-06

The Caprica spin-off series will deal with the Previous generation of so of the Adama clan and will go some way to explaining how we get to where the mini-series began...ie, the creation of the Cylons, the initial war and the aftermath.

Should be interesting

Liam

My desire to keep watching BSG is waning after seeing the premier. I guess some think it's edgy, but a show that has become about humans being tortured and degraded daily with some sexy Cylons and religious mumbo jumbo thrown isn't my idea of entertainment anymore.

I think the show has become a victim of it's success. They have to keep making episodes, but where is there to go? Neither the humans or Cylons can ever win, or else the show is over. Instead, it's just depressing watching a conflict that never ends every week. Plus, the lack of a cohesive storyline is a drag. The shows seem to be a bunch of overly dramatic scenes that are shown for effect while revealing little about who the Cylons are, how they work or what they want (all of which seems to have changed over time).

My desire to keep watching BSG is waning after seeing the premier. I guess some think it's edgy, but a show that has become about humans being tortured and degraded daily with some sexy Cylons and religious mumbo jumbo thrown isn't my idea of entertainment anymore.

I think the show has become a victim of it's success. They have to keep making episodes, but where is there to go? Neither the humans or Cylons can ever win, or else the show is over. Instead, it's just depressing watching a conflict that never ends every week. Plus, the lack of a cohesive storyline is a drag. The shows seem to be a bunch of overly dramatic scenes that are shown for effect while revealing little about who the Cylons are, how they work or what they want (all of which seems to have changed over time).

Your comments are right on. They stretched a one hour show into a two hour show. The continual misery was tiresome. Hopefully they are setting something up for later.

OK, someone spoil the last 30 minutes of the premiere for me please. I've managed to see most of it, but had to head out right as Kara came out of the bathroom looking worried and saying "Kasey?", then found the little girl on the stairs.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, someone spoil the last 30 minutes of the premiere for me please. I've managed to see most of it, but had to head out right as Kara came out of the bathroom looking worried and saying "Kasey?", then found the little girl on the stairs.

Pegasus is no more...

Rammed a Cylon Base (Star) ship. Took out at least one of 'em, and thought I saw

the first one go in to a second ship, but I could be wrong.

Jim

Pegasus is no more...

Rammed a Cylon Base (Star) ship. Took out at least one of 'em, and thought I saw

the first one go in to a second ship, but I could be wrong.

Jim

Looked like the broken off starboard hanger pod from Pegasus took out a second one to me. I had Tivo'd it and watched the sequence a couple of times. I make it at three kills for Pegasus, counting the one when it initially jumped in. Pretty hard core episode.

I was dreading the season after the grim season premier, but fortunately it's picked up. Hope it keeps up and doesn't now go back to them just wandering around the stars.

I am getting these episodes to watch and the space combat looks great, but the new series does not grab my attention whatsoever as yet.

At least the Pegasus destruction was consistant with the early series.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

I hope this season doesn't become too much of a grim and depressing slog. The season ender was pretty harsh and the previews are already bringing me down.

But that's what makes BSG so great!

Seriously, I think BSG was the final nail in the coffin of "Enterprise" and the Trek franchise. I think Trek just lost touch with the world around it, whereas BSG serves stuff up people can identify with, in a way that makes the show utterly compelling.

I can remember back in the 70s how Star Wars was cool and BSG was pretty lame.

How times have changed!

The Galactica jumping into the upper atmo and launching all her fighters while falling to the ground below and jumping back out at last minute - cool or jumping the shark?

I vote cool. Did not see that manuever coming.

Edited by Trigger74

I really appreciated the effects when the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere. The flames and re-entry effects were amazing, but I really liked the giant "BOOM" and wind as it jumped away. It's sometimes tough to appreciate the enormous amount of energy that gets expended when a ship that large makes an FTL jump.

But that's what makes BSG so great!

Seriously, I think BSG was the final nail in the coffin of "Enterprise" and the Trek franchise. I think Trek just lost touch with the world around it, whereas BSG serves stuff up people can identify with, in a way that makes the show utterly compelling.

How times have changed!

Couldn't agree more, I thought Enterprise was lame to me from the start. I much prefered DS9 with the dark and continuing story line. BSG takes that kind of story line and bumps it up a notch. Does anyone remember Space Above and Beyond? That was another awesome show that I think was ahead of its time.

Edited by Fuji

Well...I think it was great if you were a kid! As an adult, yeah, it's awkward seeing a lot of it....but it was fantastic for a kid like me. I only wish they'd kept the original Battlestar design...I've always loved the shapes, the details, everything...looked so tough yet elegant.

The dark dreary world of BSG is so much more interesting than the sanitary universe of Star Trek. I gotta tell you I HATED BSG when I first saw it, but I'm now hooked. Parts of it are still pretty cheesy, but overall its one of the most compelling shows on TV right now; sci-fi or otherwise. Can't wait to see what's up next.

The dark dreary world of BSG is so much more interesting than the sanitary universe of Star Trek. I gotta tell you I HATED BSG when I first saw it, but I'm now hooked. Parts of it are still pretty cheesy, but overall its one of the most compelling shows on TV right now; sci-fi or otherwise. Can't wait to see what's up next.

Just as Babylon 5 was the shining light of SF TV 10 years ago :nanner:

Dark, gritty and realistic.

:cheers:

MikeJ

I remember reading in an interview with Ron Moore that ST:Voyager was originally going to have many of the same ideas as the new BSG. The ship was going to have all sorts of supply and repair problems as it tried to make its way back to Earth.