1/72 revell e or g build

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

err.....exactly what 1/72 Revell Helicopter kit are you talking about? :blink:

Joe,

I believe he is refering the MH-47E.

LB,

The G model is externally identical (sans antenna differences) to the E model. The G upgrade consisted of avionics, some structural, and engine upgrades. Modeling wise, building a G from the Revell doesn't involve more than building an MH-47E. You'll need to do the basics to make the Revell kit more accurate externally (modify the rotorblades and engine exhausts). Additonal antennas and sensors will aslo need to be added.

Cheers,

Alby

LB, just as Alby pointed out the G looks the same as E. Look at the Night Stalker photos I posted. This is a MH-47G that they had only had for 2 weeks. The front office has the modern MPD's and the engines are 714's. The 714 engines has the exhaust angled outward instead of the straight exhaust cone on the 712 engines. Either the Italeri or the Revell has the wrong blades and I do not remember. Do a little reseach on the kits and find out which blades are correct and you will not have to do some scratch building on the blades. Happy modeling. :cheers:

"Either the Italeri or the Revell has the wrong blades and I do not remember. Do a little reseach on the kits and find out which blades are correct and you will not have to do some scratch building on the blades."

I have both kits and don´t remember any significant changes concerning the blades. Hopefully I will remember this thread on friday when I can look in my stash and check the blades again.

HAJO

The Italeri/RoG MH-47E kit has the wrong blades. Italeri just used the same blades that are in their CH-47/HC.1 kit, which represents earlier variants (A,B,C). The MH-47E uses the same blades as the CH-47D/HC.2 (composite material w/ a 45 degree angle cut at the blade root). The kit blades need to be modified by adding sheet styrene to the blade roots, and then reshaping the cut-outs to a 45 degree angle.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Sorry I have not replyed to you guys my net has been down for about,well going on two weeks now.Thanks for all the help,do you know were I could get the updated bades????????Thanks again for all your help.

LB