Italeri Mirage IIIE

I was trying to find some reviews of the Italeri / Esci Mirage IIIE that was recently released and have turned up nothing. I just want to see if its the same ole' Esci kit or if they updated it with some new parts like they did for the Mirage F-1. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks!

I was trying to find some reviews of the Italeri / Esci Mirage IIIE that was recently released and have turned up nothing. I just want to see if its the same ole' Esci kit or if they updated it with some new parts like they did for the Mirage F-1. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks!

And you can find a preview of this reboxed old kit from our ''brother website''

modeling madness at :

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scotts/viet...2283preview.htm

Enjoy

:cheers:

Guy LeVasseur

Rimouski

Quebec

And you can find a preview of this reboxed old kit from our ''brother website''

modeling madness at :

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scotts/viet...2283preview.htm

Enjoy

:D

Guy LeVasseur

Rimouski

Quebec

Your best option is the french ''Fonderie Miniature'' offer including brand new

decals, basic Esci kit and superb resin + photoetch detail parts.

A preview of this multimedia is available at :

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scotts/viet/48m3epreview.htm

I build one in the colors of the UaeAf ( United Arab Emirates ) and it looks cool with

its desert sheme !

:cheers:

Guy LeVasseur

Rimouski

If you want a really excellent Mirrage III then get an eduard kit. The quaility of the plastic is as goods as any tamyia/hasegawa kit I have seen, the decals are excellent plus you get colour PE and painting masks.

Yes but Eduard's Mirage is a IIIC. Only Israel and France bought this type. Italeri's kit is a IIIE which has been more exported.

And South Africa and Switzerland. And Argentina.

I am glad someone corrected this...:-)!

The Eduard is the best Mirage IIIC by far.

glevass21, the Fonderie Miniature is the HELLER kit with a new fuselage and resin bits. The FM mirage III kits does not have any PE in them, only the Eduard kits comes with PE.

Italeri only added a few parts to the F-1 kit, the old Esci kit was one of their best kits.

Edited by j-fever
And South Africa and Switzerland. And Argentina.

Damn, you're right about South Africa :banana:

Ex-IAF Mirages bought by Argentina were reengined, weren't they ? So you'd have to put a IIIE rear fuselage to a IIIC, right ? It requires a little work. And it's not really a Mirage IIIC to me but more a crossbreed.

About the Swiss Mirage, you're talking about the Mirage IIICS ? If so, it did not enter service AFAIK.

Edited by Laurent

The Italeri kit is the old ESCI one, but a new sprue contains two 454 bombs, plus 1.300 lts underwing fuel tanks, it has raised panel lines and you can make the two variations, extended vertical tail, wich houses an antenna, I don´t remember if it is VHF or UHF (Argentina, Brasil, Venezuela)..and the short one (France, Switzerland, Australia). The Eduard kit is the best in town, but it only for a C version, used by France, South Africa, Israel and Argentina (in Eduard kit, depending on wich box you pick you can find decals for all versions except the Argentine Air Force version (here, a local manufacturer makes these decals), and the Argentine Air Force had in use MirageIII-CJ (ex-isrealis), but with the MirageIII-E Atar 9-C engine, so, the exhaust is identical to the MirageIII-E, not a crossbriding, just the same engine...Argentina still has in active duty the old (but beautiful) Mirages III-EA, the C version was radiated from service back around the 90´s--

How about an reissue of the famous Kfir? that was done by Esci too and no ware to be found in the shops. I know about its details, but still very good base to build it up accurately. Perhaps also as an F-21 of the aggressors :cheers::wave:

The Italeri kit is the old ESCI one, but a new sprue contains two 454 bombs, plus 1.300 lts underwing fuel tanks,

Excellent, this is what I wanted to hear. I know its a bit of a dog by modern standards but until Eduard gives us the E series, this is the only game in town.

Thanks Dagger!

Edited by Fuji