The worst paint ever!

• 1 year later...

I had some real problems with Alclad II until a fellow modeler told me that they had some bad batches a while back and I might have been an unlucky recepient. The stuff never seemed to dry. Anyway, he recommended that I contact Alclad for a replacement. I received two bottles free of charge. The replacement worked beautifully. It dried quickly and is quite durable.

I was nearly at a point of giving up on it, but now, I will stick with it.

1. Vallejo Acrylics. Sprayed it, but it could be rubbed off (gentle rubbing)

2. Gunze Sangyo Metaliser line. Doesn't even stick! I use it as a metalised wash.. (imagine that..)

strange to hear someone say "ALCLAD II". i've never had a problem with that. the only problem i have with ALCLAD is their bottles - it's darn hard to pour out of those bottles! i've had to resort to using those small-spoon like stirrers to get the paint out.. even pouring onto a toothpick into the brush doesn't work as well. As for the finish.. once it's dried.. i've never had any problems. pretty much the best paint i could use.. i use normal gunze lacquer thinner

drPepper

I'm one that swears by MM Acryl. For me it goes on excellently, and I've never had a masking problem (and I don't prime or wash the plastic before painting).

OTOH, I've tried (and tried, and tried) to airbrush with Polly Scale. It's like trying to spray chili, so it takes my vote as worst paint.

I know I'm going to be the ONLY one with that opinion, but I just can't get it to work. :deadhorse1:

Probably just me screwing up something again! :blink:

Mike

Only you could screw this paint up so much that you make it work <_<

It doesn't work in my part of Iowa. Maybe it's the fumes from the hogs and ethenol plants?