Completed Entries Gallery

29-01-07

Airfix 1/72 B1 Special modded to be Lancaster B X "Sugar's Blues", complete with Martin midupper turret and unshrouded exhausts.

finished_sugarsblues_002.jpg

finished_top_001.jpg

finished_side_detail_001.jpg

finished_noseart_001.jpg

finished_front_001.jpg

finished_underneath_001.jpg

finished_underwing_detail_002.jpg

It's been a blast, we really have to do this again!!

Liam

:wacko:

Edited by yeehah1

Entry number 2.

Heller 1/72 MD450 Ouragan:

Kit decals

MM paint; top, RAF Middle Stone - PRU Blue mixed with USN Dark Sea Blue; bottom, Camoflage Gray with a little PRU Blue to tint.

Vac formed the canopy so I could have it opened.

Cockpit detailed with wire, lead foil and plastic strip.

Bombs are from Revell P-47

Whip antenna on nose is one of Tina's whiskers.

Weathering is sludge wash of black and desert yellow pastel powder mixed with water and a little dish washing detergent. Pin wash of Payne's Grey and Burnt Sienna oils in the wheel wells and landing gear, plus some streaking applied around the flaps and at the fuslelage join line. Dry pastel powder of desert yellow, brown a black applied with a brush to smudge up the top for fading and around the gun ports. Finally, a top coat of clear flat laquer with a little bit of white mixed in for fading and "non-uniformity" of the top color.

:thumbsup: My thanks to Patrick for sending me a nice cut-away drawing so I could get the details right and to Steve for sending me replacement markings so I wouldn't have to look at a crooked star on the shelf! See, nice and straight now! :cheers:

Heller makes some nice kits. This was an enjoyable build. Now I need a MiG 15 in Egyptian markings to go with it!

md450done1gm2.jpg

md450done2lr5.jpg

md450done3lo1.jpg

md450done4am5.jpg

md450done5rz6.jpg

md450done6ox9.jpg

Edited by Grey Ghost 531