A.R.C. Tomcat Sunset Group Build Pictures!

All,

Although Brian will not return home until Tuesday to aanounce the winners, I will go ahead and post some pictures from the group build. All I can say is WOW!! They looked great out there on the table and the Tomcat Community was as exctied to see them as I was. All of the builds were magnificent! Very nice quality and very impressive. Man, the stories we heard when some old Tomcat guy from way back would see his jet. It was really coold to see them take a walk down memory lane just because they saw a model of "their" Tomcat on the table.

Needless to say, I think you all accomplished what you were shooting for. It was very cool, and very special for alot of guys!

Congrats to all of you for a job well done!!

Tomcats Forever Baby!!!

models4.jpg

models3.jpg

Edited by VF-103guy

Wow, great pics! I see mine in a couple of 'em. :D (Ghostriders, Baby!)

Unfortunately, it looks like, in spite of all the efforts to get 'em all covered, some squadrons ultimately weren't represented. Still, we came damn close, and the result is majorly impressive. Glad to hear the former (and current?) operators and maintainers seemed to think so, too. Awesome job, everyone!! :D :woo:

Daniel

--edit-- And thanks for the pics, Craig. Both of the models, and the ones over in Real Aviation...

--double edit-- Just read in the other thread that the '5 missing squadron' thing already came up. Understandably, I read this one first... ;)

Edited by AP_Hancock

Nope, not at all....And just like all ready mentioned....I want to thanks "Meathooks" for putting this all together for us. It was great to contribute, and now to see the "fruits of our labours" all together.

MEATHOOKS!!!!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!!!! :rofl:

Hey, for those of us who don't know what all of you guys look like, could someone provide captions of who's who in the photos with ppl in them?

And I really like that VF-111. Think those are the Hasegawa decals? 'Cause both the Aeromaster and CAM ones (I think) are the version with the CAG rainbow colors as the lines separating the rays...

Daniel

From that first picture, it looks like the display was set up right inside the entryway to the building. Was this (the RCC) where they had all the Saturday events? The panel symposiums, the preview of "Speed and Angels", the Association meeting, etc.?

Well the Tomcat Hater tips his hat to the fellow modellers who worked on this project.

It does look cool seeing them all together....so which units missed out then?

now about that "Eagle Sunset"..if i start now by the time the final Eagle leaves USAF service i reckon i could do them all myself...

Finally made it back home. Will post pics as soon as I can. It was an awesome sight to behold, pity there was more tomcats in model form then there was real birds. Next group build is the 1/48 scale Aircraft Carrier to display all the models!! Who's up for this one??????? My hat is off to any and all who were envolved with this group build. Pictures don't do it justice. A great display!!!!!

Always Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!