A.R.C. Tomcat Sunset Group Build Pictures!

And a few more of Tomcatter 100. Thanks to all who made comments on it. And if anyone out there took a shot of it with a kid wearing a black VF-31 tshirt, let me know.It was my son and I'd like to get a copy.

Also some one asked how I attached it to the stand. I used 1/2" acrylic rod bent with a heat gun. I enlarged the holes in the aft sparrow recess and put 2 screws through the rod into nuts epoxied inside the fuselage.

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome tribute to an awesome aircraft! You guys do nice work! Pretty good photography too! Thank you for making the pics available for those of us who could not be there, but wanted to be.

Tomcats Forever!

Bill L.

Ditto on that; only way I could see. Would have loved to have gone,but it was either that or going to Pearl Harbor 5 weeks from now. No contest given the nature of the trip.

You guys really covered the show wonderfully...our eternal thanks!

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
And a few more of Tomcatter 100. Thanks to all who made comments on it. And if anyone out there took a shot of it with a kid wearing a black VF-31 tshirt, let me know.It was my son and I'd like to get a copy.

Also some one asked how I attached it to the stand. I used 1/2" acrylic rod bent with a heat gun. I enlarged the holes in the aft sparrow recess and put 2 screws through the rod into nuts epoxied inside the fuselage.

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

In the last pic of VF-31, does any oen know were a guy could get the patch, I think it says last cat standing, also the decals..... If they are from the final flight. GREAT JOB GUYS! I MEAN IT! Hey sorry for another Q, but what scale are these birds? Dang those were nice..

All except for the 1/32 one on the end there...thought it was only a 1/48-allowed submission :)! Even though no question it was a showstopper. Definitely.

I don't think that was intended to be submitted as part of the competition, I can't remember.

The guy who built that 1/32 VF-2 jet intended it to be part of the show. He learned about our little plan from one of the other Sunset organizers. Unfortunately he wasn't able to get in touch with Brian in time to find out what scale he was supposed to build. I was chatting with him while you, Crasca, Brian P and Darren were finishing up breakfast and making the trek over. :)

So he intended it to be part of the competition. I think although we awarded it the best line bird category, we talked him into keeping the jet (if he planned to donate it) since it was a bit big for the planned display case displays and it was also so well done. The guy was an ex-Tomcat maintainer, so he knew everything about the bird. We figured it could easily place in upcoming contests, such as the IPMS Region 2 Regionals. He left before I could congratulate him for his best line bird award, so I wasn't able to ask him about what his plans for the jet were.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Hey, guess what I just won on ebay? The old Repliscale sheet with the same VF-142 markings as I used on my Sunset model! :) :taunt: As hard as it was to give away, now I can build another one just like it for myself.

Been looking for those Repliscale decals for several months, and wasn't real optimistic that I'd find them, so I'm pretty psyched... :D

Daniel

Hmmm....maybe I should scout around for that superscale sheet I used for my VF-14 jet......would love to tackle that scheme again!

You could always use the Aeromaster sheet as a starting point, couldn't you? ( http://www.eaglestrikeproductions.com/cgi-...&dclimg=ad48526 ) Change the MODEX and the BuNo's, and you're almost there...

Daniel

Well, since I'm here now! Back in North Carolina and close NAS Oceana! What did they do with the models that didn't win anything? My understanding was they were going over to Base OPS to be displayed there?! I would like to go up there and see OUR Flight Line!!

Bobby