avro lincoln!!!

well lads i got a model today, A 1/48 vac form 'avro lincoln' from 'SANGER', i've never ever built a vac form model before but all instructions are clear, and all the panel lines are there. Looks a bit daunting about marrying up cockpit glass to fusalage, there enough steel parts to make a minature 'effel tower' lol , got to scratch build all cockpit and gun points..

On the decal sheet it tells me to use water based gloss or acrylic, it says do not to use enamel gloss over decals anybody know why?? i think i will have to go very steady with this model, well impressed with it

...........ian. :thumbsup:

thanks for that bit of info mike, i'll be reading and checking it before i start it............and i'll put some pic's on of it WHEN i srart it..............ian.

hya all,

does any body out there have any info on decal position of the avro lincoln in the kit i got :

n' 617' squadren colours for model =black with green / brown.

n' 100' squadren " " " =medium sea grey/black under neath.

n' 6' squadren " " " =all silver with red spinners.

next question is; on decal sheet it does not tell you what ser' numbers are for which plane

KC B

RE320

RF383

A73 49 [ IN BLACK ]

RF383 [ IN RED ]

ANY INFO WELCOME........IAN

A useful reference is SAM Vol 12 No 4, January 1990. The Aircraft in Detail feature is the Lincoln, done in the usual style with a number of photographs and 10 pages of Mike Keep side views. In addition, the build article is the DB conversion for the Airfix Lancaster, plus 1/72 drawings by Cliff Minney.

From the side views, RE320 is shown in grey and night with 100 Squadron in 1954. Spinners are bright green. RF383 is depicted with 617 in dark earth / dark green and night. White codes KC-B, serials and spinners red. A73-49 is overall silver with 6 Squadron RAAF, red spinners.

Edited by Bob Perry

I'll concur with Bob above: RE320 wore the Medium Sea Grey/Black scheme, and served with 100 Sqn at RAF Wittering, and on detachment to Kenya for Mau-Mau ops. Imho one of the nicer post-war RAF colour schemes.

Edited by MikeC

<_< Hi Ian, for information, you may wish to look out the 'Warpaint' book on the Lincoln, 1/72 plans and a lot of pictures and side views, with a walk-round of the Cosford aircraft.

:cheers:

Robin.

There is also the SAM Publication - Modellers Data file on the Lancaster Lincoln and Manchester. If you are in any difficulty I can assist with plans and some other detail drawings. Somewhere on the WEb I found some interior pictures but seem to have mislaid the details.