Kits for Kandahar is closed..No more stuff required

We have 80 some boxes of kits and supplies ready to go and they may even get shipped out of here next week. Gary is looking forward to getting his garage back. Thanks to everyone who donated, big and small. It looks like a mini version of Squadron in Gary's garage!!!!

No more donations required. We are closed for business....lol

:cheers:

Iain Matheson

OK, so if K4K is closed, what is the extra $5 going for at MMM2006???

It was my understanding that the extra money was going to K4K, but if you already have all the stuff needed. Then what is the extra money going for???

Don't get me wrong, its a great cause, and $5 would never keep me away from a hobby show, but when its posted that the money is going some place, and then that place says they have everything they need, it kind of sends mixed messages.

Guess I just want to know where my money is going to!!!

Thanks

Scott

It was my understanding that the extra money was going to K4K, but if you already have all the stuff needed. Then what is the extra money going for???

Don't get me wrong, its a great cause, and $5 would never keep me away from a hobby show, but when its posted that the money is going some place, and then that place says they have everything they need, it kind of sends mixed messages.

Thanks

Scott

Fair enough question. The stuff was purchased in advance, mostly building supplies. Once we got all these kits we realized supplies were needed and now!!! It is anticipated the extra $5 at MMM would cover the money already spent. We had so many kits with so little supplies (relatively speaking) that the purchase in advance was necessary so things would be ready to go in the event that we got the call to ship. If you need any further clarification, see me at MMM. I hope a lot of the CAMS guys are making the trip?

Iain

QUOTE(viper31_ca @ Sep 28 2006, 10:03 AM)

Thanks

Scott

Fair enough question. The stuff was purchased in advance, mostly building supplies. Once we got all these kits we realized supplies were needed and now!!! It is anticipated the extra $5 at MMM would cover the money already spent. We had so many kits with so little supplies (relatively speaking) that the purchase in advance was necessary so things would be ready to go in the event that we got the call to ship. If you need any further clarification, see me at MMM. I hope a lot of the CAMS guys are making the trip?

Iain

Fair enough answer as well. Had no idea how much stuff had been purchased as opposed to donated, it would stand to reason that it would mostly be kits donated, which is great, just kind of hard to put together without tools and supplies.

As of last count at the last meeting, there will be approx. 12-15 CAMS members (including Juniors), coming down and attending MMM 2006, I mean why not, after alot of you guys came up to support our show, its the least we can do!! Looking forward to the show, and even more so to the usual after hour session after the show on Saturday night in the back room of the Fleet Club!! Missed it the last time I was down!!

See you guys there!! Only a short 3 weeks to go!!!!!

Scott

Fair enough answer as well. Had no idea how much stuff had been purchased as opposed to donated, it would stand to reason that it would mostly be kits donated, which is great, just kind of hard to put together without tools and supplies.

As of last count at the last meeting, there will be approx. 12-15 CAMS members (including Juniors), coming down and attending MMM 2006, I mean why not, after alot of you guys came up to support our show, its the least we can do!! Looking forward to the show, and even more so to the usual after hour session after the show on Saturday night in the back room of the Fleet Club!! Missed it the last time I was down!!

See you guys there!! Only a short 3 weeks to go!!!!!

Scott

12-15....great!! Bring on the juniors...its wide open!! The big guy is retired from Jr's after KC!!!! Now he's targeting you and I!!! LOL!

OK, one more thing.

Where and if possible, would you post a list of people, organizations who dontated to K4K. I personally would not hesitate to patronize any hobby shops who donated kits.

Maybe Gary can supply you with a list at MMM? I know there were a few dandies :cheers: but I don't know if they want their names spread around? Gary is the PR guy. See him. I'm just his secretary...lol

12-15....great!! Bring on the juniors...its wide open!! The big guy is retired from Jr's after KC!!!! Now he's targeting you and I!!! LOL!

LOL....as long as he stays out of the armor, I am OK...although I do throw in an odd aircraft or 2.

Will have a small surprise this year. Me being mostly a modern guy, will have something that I don't normally build. Even the guys here don't know about it, and won't until I reveal it. It won't win any awards, but a first for me(and definatly not a last).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...