Welcome to our new home for the next six months!

I would like to thank everyone who has joined so far!

Most of us know what the DotR Build is but for those who don't and yes we still are accepting entires,

The aircraft's modeled must have taken part in the air defence of Germany from the January 1943 to VE Day in 1945.

For more info check out the Defence of the Reich webpage

The Defence of the Reich Group Build starts October 1st, 2006 and concludes on March 31st, 2007.

If you have any further questions either post them in this forum or PM the GB moderators.

Cheers,

Dave, Mike & Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted the rules and eligibility list here in case anyone is interested...

The Defence of the Reich Group Build starts October 1st, 2006 and concludes on March 31st, 2007.

The aircraft modeled must have taken part in air operations in and around Germany from January 1943 to VE Day in 1945. For the purposes of this group build, these areas include Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, France, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, and Holland. The Hungarian Puma Squadron's aircraft have also been deemed eligible since they intercepted Allied bomber formations headed for Germany over flying Hungarian airspace. Please note that although the group build title is "Defence of the Reich", the build is not restricted to fighters intercepting Allied bomber formations. Aircraft engaged in other activities, bombers, transports, etc. are eligible to be entered as well, assuming they operated in the aforementioned areas. A list of eligible aircraft is located at the bottom of this page.

Aircraft entered should have been assigned to an operational unit. For the purposes of this group build an operational unit would be defined as a unit that is engaged in combat or combat support missions, be it fighter, bomber, recon, etc. A unit such as an "Erprobungskommando" dedicated to testing and development is not considered an operational unit for the purpose of this group build. Experimental, training, and Luft '46 aircraft are not eligible. We understand that much debate occurs on this subject. If you would like to enter an aircraft that isn't on our list and have some type of evidence that backs up your claim, we'll be happy to consider it. The goal is inclusion, rather than exclusion. We hope that everyone will appreciate the fact that these decisions are difficult and that while you may not agree with the moderating staff's decisions, you'll respect them.  

Allied subjects would be allowed only in a diorama form (eg. Dogfight, Fighter attacking Bomber formation.), but can’t be the main focus of the diorama.

Your model must be entered before March 31st, 2007 to be eligible for the prize raffle/draw.

Any make and scale of kit are permitted, sorry no scratch builds. Scratch Build detailing is permitted.

Use of aftermarket extras (resin/decals etc) are permitted and encouraged.

Only kits that have not been started or part built (25%) after the start date can be entered. I leave this to your discretion but the spirit of the group build is building within the time frame.

All completed builds are found in the gallery section of this site. If you have problems hosting pictures, contact one of the mods and we will help you out.

Finally the prizes will be in the form of a draw/raffle after the closing date. The prizes will be listed in the News section or on the GB forum. At present this raffle is being run as 1 raffle ticket per person.

Any other questions relating to the Defence of the Reich’ group build please forward to any of the moderators, or visit the ARC Defence of the Reich’ GB dedicated forum.

Eligible Aircraft List

Day Fighters

Bf 109G

Bf 109K

Bf 109T

Bf 110

Fw 190A

Fw 190F

Fw 190D

Ta 152

Me 210

Me 410

Night Fighters

Bf 110

Me 410

Ju 88/188

Do 217

Ta 154

He 219

Me 262

Jets

Me 262

Me 163

He 162

Ar 234

Mistels

Mistel 1 - Ju 88A-4 and Bf 109F-4

Mistel 2 - Ju 88G-l and Fw 190A-8 or F-8

Mistel 3A - Ju 88A-4 and Fw 190A-8

Mistel 3B - Ju 88H-4 and Fw 190A-8

Mistel 3C - Ju 88G-10 and Fw 190F-8

Bombers

He 111

He 177

Ju 88

Ju 188

Do 217

Ju 87

Rockets

V1

V2

Transports

Ju 52

Edited by The Mikester
How do I sign up. I just finished a couple of He-162s.

Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Isnt that a bit backwards Floyd? :) Hmmm, maybe ive been doing it wrong, sign up then build, or build then sign up? decisions decisions! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Picture Guidelines

Now that we're starting to receive entries, we probably need some picture guidelines. First off let me say the caliber of work I've seen to date on the in progress and finished stuff is just amazing. Really sets the bar high and inspires me to do better work, which is one reason I really enjoy GB's.

For inclusion in the gallery, I think 800x600 is probably about ideal for picture size. I'm posting two images of each completed entry in the gallery, assuming two are available. If you guys don't specify I'll pick my two favorite shots and include them.

So you can email me your favorite two shots or if I don't hear from you I'll assume you're happy with letting me choose. Either way is fine with me.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...