1/72 Monogram B-One

WoW! Thanks guys for the very kind words!

I´m blushing!

To answe to your questions:

- as reference I´m using DACO's wondeful book on the Bone, FSM issue with the article by P. Boyer, the walk-around pictures in the ARC gallery and other pics found on the web;

- no aftermarket stuff on this one (yet). I´ll be adding resin exhaust nozzles.

BTW: I am thinking of opening some avionic bay somewhere, but I don´t have any good reference. Does anyone have any good picture?

Thank you all! It´s always of great support and a big push to keep on going to receive such warm feedback!

/Kristian

Kristian

That is incredible detailing!

I am buinding the B-1 for the Monogram GB OOB and just looking at what you are doing with this project will make my build completely irrelevant!

Fantastic work once again. <_<

:lol:

MikeJ

Thanks guys - once again!

I hope to have some more pictures to show in a few days. After a long period during which I was almost repelled by this project, I am now on it again with enthusiasm. We'll see how long that lasts...

madmike: what GB are you referring to? Any chance to see some pictures of your Bone?

/Kristian

• 1 month later...

I must admit that once again it took me too many weeks before I could update this thread. But finally here come some news!!!! :worship:

As I anticipated a couple of days ago in the Jet Modeling Forum (click here if interested...) I bought the cockpit detail set from Goffy Model dedicated to the Revell/Monogram B-One. I have been playing around with it and test fitting it. I must say the fit is pretty good in my opinion! Some areas aren´t perfect, but it should be an easy fix.

Ok, let´s start with some pics now! :woo:

The main landing gear wells are painted, weathered and glued in place:

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

They still require all actuators to be glued, but I´ll wait till the legs go in before adding them.

The weapon bay is also painted, weathered and glued. It made me sweat like mad when trying to glue it. The roof was apparently too narrow, which forced me cut the central part and add a new wider one. And I thought that I had been test fitting and measuring all parts more than enough... :woot.gif:

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

As you can see not all the pipes and tubes are yet properly connected...

End part 1....

Part 2.

Also the front wheel well is almost finished. It still requires some detail painting. Not all part are in place as you may notice, but I cannot add them until the front leg is glued, or the leg itself won´t go in...

Picture005-1.jpg

In this picture you can also see how the resin aft cockpit looks like when viewed from below, through the access hatch.

Next are the landing gear legs and doors for the front well.

Picture010-1.jpg

The main legs still need some detail painting.

Finally some pics of the cockpit as seen from above:

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001.jpg

The front panel is wonderful, so much similar to the real thing! If you look closely you´ll see that the rear panel does not follow perfectly the inner contour of the ceiling. The same goes for the rear bulkhead of the front office. It should be easy to add some styrene sheet to fill the gaps. I am still considering to add a full rear bulkhead to the front office, as I explained in the review.

Well. Now I "only" have to start painting the cockpit. :woot.gif:

/Kristian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well well well....

After months of nothing I have finally been able to spend some time with my B-One!

I have started putting some paint on the great resin cockpit by Goffy Models and here are some pictures.

First out we have one of the four bang seats. They are very nice, even though two of them had one of the ejection rails broken off...but nothing too hard to fix. More of a pity is that not all of the harnesses are there. This is in fact the only seat with both of them. I have to live with it: there is no way I can fix this. Anyway: this is the seat after paint, Future and dark wash with Humbrol dark grey.

Picture001-1.jpg

Next is the front cockpit panel. (I really hate the Macro function in the camera: it shows all your flaws too clearly!) I must say it looks better in real life when all the imperfections aren't that visible!

Still to be washed....

Picture003-2.jpg

This is the rear panel. Same story here as above.

Picture008-2.jpg

In these pictures are the front office and the galley with basic painting and Futured. Wash to come.

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Finally the rear office. Here I will need to cut the cylinders that open the rear hatches. Since I want the hatches to be opened the cylinder's angle is not correct. I hope it want be too messy to cut them off...

Picture009-2.jpg

Let me know what you think of it!

/Kristian

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to report (sadly...) but still something has been done!

I had a start on the escape hatches on the cockpit ceiling. I have practically done the two hatches of the rear office. They probably are not 100% accurate since I don´t have any really good reference: all was done using a couple of pictures that can be found on DACO's book on the B-1B. But I think they will be ok with some paint on. I am sorry for the bad pictures, they all came out over-exposed...

Anyway: here are the pictures! Please let me know what you think and if you see any obvious error, don't hesitate to tell me!

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

/Kristian

THANKS GUYS!

You make me blush! :thumbsup:

But I must say that I cannot see my scratch-building skills among the best here around. There are so many builders that are sooooooo much better! But on the other hand this is good: it's always great to have someone to look up to!

I hope to get back soon with some more (and more interesting) updates!

/Kristian