Like my Su-27 parts this will only be available through my website (for the time being...).

UK Nats? I wish it were in my budget! I'm hoping to make it to the US Nats next year (about 1 1/2 hour drive!).

I'm trying for Halloween but figure closer to Thanksgiving.

If it takes til Easter I need to find a new profession!

How about some of that Tim Horton's stuff I keep hearing so much about? :banana:

This could probably be done.

You might even be able to dunk the trimmed seamless in hot water then reshape it to fit my adapter ring.

I ordered but haven't yet recieved the Aires wheel well set.

Does anybody know if it requires chopping the kit well area away and splicing in the resin well?

If this is the case then the seamless intake might be more difficult to work with than the kit intake parts...

Framing is taking shape...

A-7050sm.jpg

:yahoo:

I've got the Aires wheel bay set, it's very easy to use. For the main gear bays you just need to remove the small recessed area at the rear of the Trumpeter fuselage U/C bay, the Aires parts are pretty much a drop in replacement for the kit parts. For the nose gear bay you just need to remove the moulded on detail on the bottom of the Trumpeter intake and the casting block on the Aires bay. I'm not sure it would be possible to cast a new seamless intake thin enough to use with the Aires set but my resin casting experience is pretty limited so I could be wrong. I'm also fitting an Aires cockpit so this also limits the amount of free space in the nose, guess I'll just have to do a bit of filling and sanding for that seamless intake look.

Hi Chris,

After seeing the amount of effort you've put into this :yahoo: and the Flanker sets, I feel obliged to order a set or 2.

I have an A-7 kit already, looks like I'm in the market for an Su-27 too now :banana: .

Without wanting to rush you, what's next in the pipeline once you've finalised the A-7 sets ?

Cheers

Ant

I've got the Aires wheel bay set, it's very easy to use. For the main gear bays you just need to remove the small recessed area at the rear of the Trumpeter fuselage U/C bay, the Aires parts are pretty much a drop in replacement for the kit parts. For the nose gear bay you just need to remove the moulded on detail on the bottom of the Trumpeter intake and the casting block on the Aires bay. I'm not sure it would be possible to cast a new seamless intake thin enough to use with the Aires set but my resin casting experience is pretty limited so I could be wrong. I'm also fitting an Aires cockpit so this also limits the amount of free space in the nose, guess I'll just have to do a bit of filling and sanding for that seamless intake look.
Did somebody say "Zactomodels intake with Aires wheelwells"? :)

PICT2321sm.jpg

The Aires nose-gear well seems to fit pretty well without removing the molded on detail, but the detail could be scraped away...

PICT2322sm.jpg

And yes, their cockpit fits as well.

:pray:

Zactoman,

If you're still looking for canopy interior frame details heres a couple of shots that may be helpful.

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_View/Stil...ST-88-02079.JPG

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_View/Stil...ST-88-02078.JPG

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_View/Stil...SC-92-09477.JPG

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_View/Stil...ST-88-04021.JPG

Not close ups, BUT at the bottom of the explanation of each photo is the link to download each in Hi Res. So you can download them onto your computer then use the magnification tool in your photo program to enlarge them.

Thanks for the links Expat, but I've already got all the details finished, molds poured and casting in progress.

PICT2335sm.jpg

Still no word on the photo-etch... :huh:

I'll post an update as soon as I hear something.

:pray:

Man this is getting more inticing. I was going to do with with all the goddies from Zacto and Aires, then I did the math and passed out but hey Ive done it before since I have a Flanker in the closet with ALL the stuff soooo do I take the plunge. Devil on the shoulder says HELL yes, angel says no be consevitive with your modeling dollar. Then I start seeing all this stuff being poured and the devil inside pops up his ugly head.

Now mind you I have 4 48th scale A-7's to do and the "Angle" says you'll never get to all of them let alone a 32nd one but the eye's in my head have sure enjoyed the break form 48th since I have been building the Tamiya F-16. O ya there are decals out that will match my big F-4 in a dio that I could do and YADA, YADA, YADA.

Zacto, see what you have done to me! I'm going to need medication soon if not allready :wacko:

Jim

I'll know Monday about the photo-etch. I'll start shipping the moment it's in my hands...

I'll make an update announcement on Monday as to whether I'll be taking pre-orders or just waiting to sell them...

I didn't get news until Thursday and it wasn't good... :angry:

The vendor I was going to use for the photo-etch informed me that my parts weren't being made and my deposit was already spent ... :shoot:

I should have stuck with the vendor I previously used for my Su-27 photo-etch.

I called the him up and he's going to rescue me!

No 4-6 week wait. He's trying to get me parts by the end of next week. (At about half the cost of the other guy...)

I was trying a new vendor because the vendor that did my Su-27 parts had some problems. It was a little over-etched along the edges (but still good enough). He had difficulty etching the stainless steel that I had chosen for the Su-27 parts and assured me that he could do a better job with brass...

So the A-7 etch will be in brass and future Su-27 parts (and future other projects) will also be done in brass...They get painted anyways...

I'm just relieved that I didn't take pre-orders...I had a bad feeling from the beginning...

But now...

I feel confident that this vendor is reliable :whistle:

I've just updated my website and I am now taking pre-orders! :yahoo:

I will start shipping parts as soon as the photo-etch arrives, hopefully by next weekend (though he did say he'd try for mid-week so it may just be sooner!).

I'm just posting this here on ARC for now to give you guys a chance to be first in line. I'll be sending out a mass e-mail and announcing on other sites at a later date...

:crying2:

Thanks for the links Expat, but I've already got all the details finished, molds poured and casting in progress.

PICT2335sm.jpg

Still no word on the photo-etch... :woo:

I'll post an update as soon as I hear something.

:banana:

Hmmmmm.........I wonder which one will be mine :D

Just sent in my pre-order. :D

Jeff

I forgot to add...

It started back when 'Zacto announces his correction set...

Then I had to buy the 1/32nd scale A-7D that I was going to pass on (because of the goofy nose)...

Then I picked up the Black Box A-7E Interior and Aires A-7E Electronic bays on eBay because they were a good deal - gotta be close - right???

Hmmm, close, but not close enough...

Order correct Aires cockpit, wheel bays and electronics bay, decal sheet and some Eduard brass from Hannants...

Now - the "Full Meal Deal" correction set...

Thanks Zacto for helping relieve me of all that dreaded excess money!!! :coolio:

I'm expecting a discount when the YF-23 comes out you know :D

Hitch

Yes my website is set up for Paypal though you don't need to actually have a Paypal account or sign up for one.

Excuse me for not reading the whole thread, but may I assume that these sets are good for both kits?
Yes...Check out post #49 on page 4. I posted a response and a picture there.
So when will the corresponding conversion for the 1/72 Hobby Boss kit be available?
1/72??? I'm picking up some glasses later this week. If I can see stuff that small I may consider it, though I have no real interest in anything but 1/32...
my mind tells me "no dont do it", but the heart says "build another one with the Zacto goodies" must...... resist..... temptation.....
Resistance is futile!

Support the cause and order one (or two!). Potential Zactokids are counting on you!

Wow! :salute:

Thanks to all of you who have placed your pre-orders!

I'm going to be very busy casting and packing parts!

Sorry to those of you who are waiting for PM and e-mail responses. It's been crazy here in Preston Idaho the past several days.

The rodeo was in town (my first, and it was fun!).

My cousin had a huge horse auction at his ranch. (I thought about buying one, but what would I do with a thoroughbred race horse?)

The carnival was here (the 'hand-dipped' corn-dogs weren't so great...).

There was a big parade (big for a small town anyways.)

The Napoleon Dynamite festival was here this past weekend (Sweet!).

There was a big fireworks show scheduled for the 24th which got rained out and rescheduled for tonight. Zactowoman and I got 'volunteered' (both nights) to flip burgers for the Rotary club by my step-dad who's a member. I ended up with a big blister on my thumb from a stray blob of hot grease (OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolio: )(Casting parts is going to be a REAL PAIN for the next few days!).

The excitement is over for now...

I'll try to get to the PMs and e-mails quickly, but I do have lots of casting and mold-making to get done...

Cheers! :cheers:

pre-order placed!!!! :blink:

now, since you have payment thru pay-pal only, i have to figure out a good cover story for my wife for that unexplained charge on our credit card. THANKS ZACTOMAN!! :doh:

oh well, hopefully the finished product will be worth the pain of hearing, "How much are you gonna spend on that stupid hobby?"

can't wait til to postman drops it off.

Bill

Sent you an E-mail, but how about an address so I can send you the MO I have for you?? I'm in for two sets, if I could just get an address!!
E-mail sent...

I'll try to get to the other e-mails and PMs soon.

I'm busy casting parts and preparing more molds...

B)