How long are you planning on producing these? Is it going to be a one or two production run thing, and then retire? Or will you still be poping these out of the molds say 2 or 3 years from now?
I'll see how it goes, but plan to add it as a permanent part of the Zactoline. After a year and a half I'm still pumping out Su-27 parts with no plans to stop! ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! :(

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is the rear end of the Trumpeter Corsair not too oval (side to side) and if so would you consider a correction piece for that while you're working on fixing the Trump foibles?
Yes, no (maybe?)... :cheers:

:)

A little more detail added, more to come...

A-7116sm.jpg

Here is the canopy latch mechanism I made next to the photoetch piece Aires provides (there will be four of these).

While the photoetch is nice, my latch is narrower (and a little taller). The Aires piece is small and while I was able to successfully bend it I decided that much smaller might be too difficult to fold. Aires gives you the photoetch and you have to provide plastic rod for the small rollers. I used .015" round stock on mine. It's tiny...I wouldn't want to do that 4 times!

So I poured a small mold and will cast 4 parts. These will be attached to the frame and cast as a part of the finished piece.

There's also a louvered vent assembly that went into the same mold. There will be two of these on the inner frame edge with some additional details also to be cast on the finished frame.

A-7108sm.jpg

:wave:

Although I do admire the work you did on the Trump Su-27 conversion, I never was going to buy one. Just not my bag, baby.

But with this A-7 conversion you have my full attention. :whistle:

I'm glad to see that the canopy set will enhance details rather than just correcting shape. Now I am seriously considering buying it (I wasn't before). What is the timeline for release, late November-ish? Thank you for sharing...
Read my member title...1067 so far... :D

Price and release date TBD. I'm hoping for Thanksgiving, but these projects have a tendency to take longer than expected. I'll be casting a first production vacform tool this weekend and shipping it to Mr. Tigger for test pulls. If the tool works and no changes need to be made I'll pour up multiples and send them.

I don't know John's schedule, but he tends to be very fast :D

I still need to do the artwork for photo-etch and find a vendor(recommendations?) for that, so that timing is up in the air.

I've still got quite a bit of detail work to do yet including the windscreen internal framing and the instruments that dangle from it.

...And instructions.

No list, no preorders. I'm just going to announce that they're done and for sale, then fill the orders in the order I receive them (with a few exceptions B) ) and probably limit it to one or two per customer initially as usual.

Little-by-little...

A-7125asm.jpg

:cheers:

Hello Chris,

...Just so you know; I will fight dirty to get to the front of the line for this. I am not above pushing, shoving., biting, crying, or peeing in my pants to get my way :cheers:

Beautiful stuff. In fact- I may have already wet myself.

Regards,

Pig

All the above will not help you against my Kalashnikov :D

I hate you. LOL

Obvioulsy you don't watch television. You're too busy making us plastic addicts happy. Such fantastic work and effort should be rewarded. I hereby award you the "best of everything in plastic modelbuilding" award for 2006.

:D

I hate you too Rusty!!! :cheers:

Ok under what rock was I hiding and I am only now finding out about this set. Geez louise, my work is really getting in the way of my hobby when I don't even know what is going on in the Zactoman world.

Great work as per usual Chris and after I just ordered your Su-27 set I now have to send you even more money. You know I don't even know why I bother. Why don't I just give you my bank account info and every time you make an update set you just take my money :D

I was not even going to pick up this kit since it really did not look correct right out of the gate but seeing your stuff, now I am getting excited. I love the SLUF and have several in 1/48 and was happy with that but a 1/32nd A-7, now you're talking.

Now I have to start collecting the other stuff like the decals, Aires sets. Good grief does it ever end :pray:

Cheers

Chris

Hello Zacto Man

Photo etch Co. info for ya. On the business card of photo Etch :cheers: they say one to three weeks in Steel,

Stainless, Copper, Brass, Nickel Silver, Aluminum, and more. The card I have had for a few years. But I hope it works for you. :cheers:

Fotofabrication Corp.

3758 w. Belmont Ave.

Chicago IL 60618

(773) 463-6211

• 3 weeks later...

Momentarily on hold...Sorry... :rofl:

I just lost my day-job a few days ago (details >>>here<<<) and haven't been in the right frame of mind to do the detailie stuff...

I have the rear canopy framing pretty much done and ready to mold and I'm working on the windscreen framing and its' dangly instruments.

I've sent the first vacform tool to Tigger and am awaiting sample results before making more tools to send. I still have to do artwork for photoetch and instructions.

I hope to get back to it soon...

A-7127sm.jpg

:rofl:

• 2 months later...

I wish I could say that the parts are finished and it's ready to go, but between this :D that :) and the other thing :wub: ...I haven't found much time to work on it...

For the time-being, Zactomodels is still closed..., But I'll be back!

I have added a few bits here and there...

A-7145sm.jpg

ECM antennae are almost finished...

A-7147sm.jpg

The first bank of idiot lights kicked my butt. Hopefully the next one will be a little easier!

A-7142sm.jpg

It's been tough lately with all the distractions and a touch of 'writers block' but it is almost finished!

:)