Hi there

will this set be readily available to by in the shops or is it just for the internet customer,also will you be at the IPMS UK Nationals and will this set be there.I only ask as i live in the UK and im going to the IPMS UK Nationals for the first time,im hoping to get one of these Trumpeter 1/32 A-7E Corsairs there along with the resin sets.

Cheers Clive.

Of course Chris I'm most thrilled to see you working on this A-7 upgrade. :wave:

I can send you a pound or two of Starbucks Superduty wake me (Kick me in the ***) up coffee just to make sure you keep at it 2am. :D :) :blink: Honest it works for me :cheers:

When ever they arrive I'm sure they will be of the super standard of the SU-27 updates you did.

Waiting patiently.

cheers

Andy in Toronto

Thanks to Kasatka and Mikeiw for the comments about the SS intakes.

I know Zacto' will be the best intake lip, I was just wondering if I could use the intake trunking from the SS resin to the Zacto lip. I wanted to save the chore of sanding down the intake seams! However now having the SS intakes I am sure that the resin wil not flex enough to fit Zacto's intake lip.

Can we lobby for the seamless intake as well from Zacto!

Andrew

Thanks to Kasatka and Mikeiw for the comments about the SS intakes.

I know Zacto' will be the best intake lip, I was just wondering if I could use the intake trunking from the SS resin to the Zacto lip. I wanted to save the chore of sanding down the intake seams! However now having the SS intakes I am sure that the resin wil not flex enough to fit Zacto's intake lip.

Can we lobby for the seamless intake as well from Zacto!

Andrew

I bet one could cut the SS lip off, glue on the Zacto lip and make up the differences in gaps with some sandpaper/files and automotive bondo. It's got me thinking.....

Thinking I'll have more invested in the intakes than the kit! :cheers:

will this set be readily available to by in the shops or is it just for the internet customer,also will you be at the IPMS UK Nationals and will this set be there.
Like my Su-27 parts this will only be available through my website (for the time being...).

UK Nats? I wish it were in my budget! I'm hoping to make it to the US Nats next year (about 1 1/2 hour drive!).

I know you are hard at it in the workshop.....but ballpark, will this be a Christmas, New Years, or Easter present?
I'm trying for Halloween but figure closer to Thanksgiving.

If it takes til Easter I need to find a new profession!

I can send you a pound or two of Starbucks Superduty wake me (Kick me in the ***) up coffee just to make sure you keep at it 2am.
How about some of that Tim Horton's stuff I keep hearing so much about? :banana:
I bet one could cut the SS lip off, glue on the Zacto lip and make up the differences in gaps with some sandpaper/files and automotive bondo. It's got me thinking.....
This could probably be done.

You might even be able to dunk the trimmed seamless in hot water then reshape it to fit my adapter ring.

I ordered but haven't yet recieved the Aires wheel well set.

Does anybody know if it requires chopping the kit well area away and splicing in the resin well?

If this is the case then the seamless intake might be more difficult to work with than the kit intake parts...

Framing is taking shape...

A-7050sm.jpg

:wave:

Looks to me like you've got another winner on your hands Chris :P

Once again, this is truly marvellous work. I love the comparison pics showing the two alongside one another. It really shows how much better the Zactomodels parts will make the model look.

Oishi built a lovely -D on Thursdays update but it's spoilt by the nose and canopy being off :cheers:

Good luck with this one, I hope it's even more popular than the Su-27 correction sets :yahoo:

:)

Say,...have you ever thought of going into business with Trumpeter? :yahoo:
I'd passed on the SLUF after seeing the canopy / nose issue. Now I'll have to go buy one :blink:

I think I am in business with them though they haven't offered me that corner office and cute red-head secretary yet... :D

Framing is taking shape...still...

A-7058sm.jpg

A-7068sm.jpg

and will be able to tell you for sure late tonight when I get everything ready to dry fit.

Thanks Dave. How'd the dry fit go? (mine still haven't arrived...)

I decided to practice/warm-up on the back side of the bulkhead. This area isn't very visible when the canopy is attached so my warm-up mistakes will stay :cheers: I'm ready to start detailing the front side next.

A-7079sm.jpg

:thumbsup:

Framing is taking shape...still...

A-7096sm.jpg

It has come to my attention that the accuracy of my intake profile is being questioned/compared on another website (linked after the photos on this post: >>> Here <<<). :thumbsup:

My French isn't very good, but it seems they think the intake should be fuller round than what I've done...

:huh:

I would point out that my parts are just taped together and need to be squeezed together and glued for the final result.

I'd also point out that the white plastic I used for the lip makes it more difficult to see what's going on there...

The following pics are resized and rotated (and in the case of the real plane, reversed (It was the closest to the angle I was looking for for their comparison))... the focal length effect is a bit different. But I did my best...

Intakeshape.jpg

I also recieved a friendly e-mail with an attached pic and the comment that "it still doesn't look

right in MY eyes. I've added a picture in the attachements that shows you

why. The intake on the A-7 is a perfect circle but what you show on the latest pictures is still looking oval..."

I took the photo, a scan of my intake lip and overlayed it onto the photo, and drew outlines of my part as well as a perfect circle onto the photo:

scoopsm.jpg

He's now planning to buy a few sets! :cheers:

I Do appreciate the input. It keeps me on my toes!

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Great stuff Chris!!!

I'm in the process of working up my SU-27 now that I have your superb correction set, so I have time to wait for what I'm positive will be your equally excellent A-7 items.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is the rear end of the Trumpeter Corsair not too oval (side to side) and if so would you consider a correction piece for that while you're working on fixing the Trump foibles?

Ted Barrett

WOW! Those last phots show that you're "dead nuts on" the outline. I'm still wanting two, to start with. As good as this kits going to build out now, I might have to start looking at aftermarket decals and see how many varities of the SLUF I can build!

How long are you planning on producing these? Is it going to be a one or two production run thing, and then retire? Or will you still be poping these out of the molds say 2 or 3 years from now?