• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where are you Zactoman? :nanner: Hope you are doing well out there. We are still waiting patiently on the A-7 goodies. We miss you man... :wave:

Thanks Robert!

I'm still here, less or more, but haven't had much new to post.

The last little details have been added to the windscreen framing.

Now comes the scary part, making molds of parts as fragile as these...

Frame1.jpg

I designed the windscreen to mate up with the Aires pit with little modification.

Frame2.jpg

I know you are hard at it in the workshop.....but ballpark, will this be a Christmas, New Years, or Easter present?
If it takes til Easter I need to find a new profession!
Due to circumstances beyond my control, it looks like I must eat my words and it won't be released until sometime after Easter.

The good news is that the change of profession will be doing Zactomodels full-time rather than as a hobby.

I am still waiting for my house here in Los Angeles to sell so that I can relocate to Idaho. I don't plan to re-open Zactomodels until then.

I have no release date set at this time. I can only hope it is soon...

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
  • 1 month later...

A-7166sm.jpg

Is there any news from the front to report?
Not much to report...

I'm ironing out the molding and casting of the parts. The frame parts are very difficult to cast successfully and are so thin they take longer to cure :wacko:

The vacform patterns are ready to ship to Mr. Tigger. I'm just waiting to send some production castings with them.

The artwork for the photo-etch is about done. I just need to add a few grab-handles, frame the parts and send them to the etcher.

The bad news is that my house still hasn't sold :whistle: and I'm planning to wait til I've moved before releasing the kit...

A-7168sm.jpg

A-7167sm.jpg

Any thought to re-working the nose-gear tires? They really do look like they came off a Wileys Jeep!
I'll probably rework mine when I get around to building it, but hadn't planned to kit the parts. I think it's already been done.(?)

:tumble:

OK, lower the price of your house, move it and move and start making these kits! You'll make up the loss by selling these kits!! LOL

I'm at least glad to see that you are still working on the kits instead of boxing everything up waiting for the move.

I too hope you sell your home soon......... L.A. to Idaho? You should save a ton of money per month just on living expenses...

I am definately interested in one of these sets also,but no hurry.....you know what they say about fine wine.......

All the best Zacto...

Thanks for all the nice words of encouragement everybody! :cheers:

OK, lower the price of your house, move it and move and start making these kits! You'll make up the loss by selling these kits!! LOL

I'm at least glad to see that you are still working on the kits instead of boxing everything up waiting for the move.

I've already lowered the price 4 times...Enough to be physically painful :bandhead2:

Maybe if EVERYBODY that bought the A-7 kit also bought my correction kit I could make up the loss! (Spread the word!)

I've actually had to unpack a few boxes to continue living here this long.

A real bummer has been that I boxed all my books at Christmas and and took them to my parents garage in Idaho thinking I wouldn't need them :doh:

that looks ridiculously hard to cast! would it be possible to share how you tackled such a complex shape such as the frame?
:whistle:

I invented a super-cool molding/casting tool!

Everybody who does molding and casting will want to buy them!!!

I'm planning to patent, produce and sell them after the move.

Maybe this will help to make up for the loss on the house! :woot.gif:

If I was a SLUF fan, I'd buy 20 sets. But all I can do is watch as you produce masterpieces.

I hope you sell your house soon.

You should buy one. They grow on you! (plus I'd love to sell 20 kits!)

Thanks again for the support!

I finally got an offer on the house but it's way low :salute: .

I countered and I'm waiting to hear back...Keep em crossed!

:cheers:

I have been coming back regularly to read this post and waiting for a production time to appear. I would like to know if you are taking advance orders and I guess the most important thing is how do I contact you to order?

I was so diappointed in the original and was so happy to see someone with obvious talent produce a correction.

Gnat

EDIT

So we aren't out of the woods yet. Didn't read page 8. skipped ahead..to eager.sorry...I'll stay tuned.

Edited by Gnat
I finally got an offer on the house but it's way low :worship: .

I countered and I'm waiting to hear back...Keep em crossed!

After multiple counters I accepted an offer that was still less than I wanted, but it's sold!!!!!! :D

45 days of escrow during which I'll be finishing the final details for the kit, including the instruction sheet. After I move I'm going to try to get the shop open immediatly to begin full-scale production...

In the mean time...

Mr Tigger! Package inbound containing production tooling and the first production resin pieces for you to test-fit the vacs (and have fun with...).

I've ironed out the molding and casting problems,

A-7169.jpg

And I've lost my mind,

A-7170.jpg

A 10 inch seamless intake correction? To be molded in white? Am I nuts? :lol:

A-7171.jpg

Looks like the Doctor wants some "trade secrets"

I'm sure Chris will part with them......... for a price.......LOL!

I think I already shared just about everything I know!

Maybe the Doctor or somebody else can share thoughts/advice on how to mold seamless intakes? I've never tried this before...

:lol:

Looking great!!! :cheers:

Boy I can't wait.

Are you taking pre-orders?

You can put me down for two Chris.

Thanks for the great work.

cheers :lol:

Andy

Toronto