Lookin' good!

O.K. now - since the Trumpeter 1/32 A-7 is, AFAIK an up-scale of Hasegawas 1/48 kit, is it the case that Hasegawas intake is quite off shape wise as well?

Thanks,

:thumbsup:

Oliver

Unfortunately, while there a lot of similarities, it isn't a scale up. The Hasegawa kit canopy, intakes, and rear fuselage are fine. These problems wouldn't exist if they had used the Hasegawa kit as a master.

Viva la difference!!!

For this canopy I am adding raised framing...

:thumbsup:

Ok count me in for a couple of sets. And don't forget the two handels on the left side canopy rail on the outside.

Greetz STB

Frederick jacobs

If you need me to do clear parts then drop me a line?
Yes, I'm absolutely counting on you to vac them for me!!! (I guess you didn't see the comment I made on page 2 :taunt: )

No release date (See first line of first post). It won't take as long as the Su-27 canopy though. I have a reliable vacuumformer now!

I Assume you don't mind lightning a U.K. wallet of a few pounds?!!!!
UK Lightning? I can't fix it til they release it!

A little more progress...

A-7034sm.jpg

:banana:

I knew the original Trump A-7 canopy was a bit "off" as regards shape , but oh man I didn't know it was that bad... :banana:

Man chris , your canopy makes a massive difference to the look of the kit .. we await the replacements with bated breath!

Dayammmm...

Ya see, this is why I'm not too excited to her that Trumpeter is doing the Crusader. When I see the pics of your new, corrected parts, I realize how much more a Trumpeter Crusader is gonna cost me.

Nice work!

Pete

I wouldn't fear the work of Trumpeter on the Crusader. They are improving with every model they issue. Besides, I do not see Tamiya, Hasegawa and/or Academy doing an F-8.

If the Cruze would need correction then so be it. I'm already happy they are doing this important and sometimes forgotten predecessor of the F-14.

We'll see,

Tim :crying:

Edited by Timvkampen

So far I count 29 confirmed orders! Somebody's going to be busy..........

I'm so happy :banana: this is finally coming out!

Hey, Ramcdaniel 1, Did you know a Sgt. Troy White from McEntire that died in a plane crash about two years ago? He was a crew chief on a 2 seater F-16. He was a close friend of mine......

Edited by Scott Smith
Will this set fit the "D" too?To me the "E" and "D" look the same cockpit area vise.

But that's a "naked eye" estimate

It will work for either the D or E. For the E you'll have to cut around the refueling probe detail and remove material from the resin.

A-7049sm.jpg

Here's a test pull. I've still got a lot to do on it...

It came out thinner than I'd anticipated due to being a female tool. I'm going to pick up some thicker material this week and give it a try.

A-7046sm.jpg

:cheers: