De Havilland D.H. 88 Comet Racer (G-ACSP "Black Magic")

Thanks guys :cheers:

Andy!

Nice recovery mate, well done.

Please let me know the secrets of the plastic packaging :D

:D

MikeJ

Mike, I used a wooden dowel and sanded into the shape I required.

You then take the clear plastic packing (I think I used the ones from the Microbrushes) heat it over a candle and then "smash" it down on the dowel.

It took me about 10 attempts to get it to a satisfactory shape without any bubbles.

Then you cut, and sand to the right size.

Finally punched a piece of BMF Chrome, stuck to the flat I had filed on the nose, and glued the clear noselight using PVA glue.

HTH

• 1 year later...

Hello, Firstly I want to congratulate you on this aircraft... its beautiful!

I posted before regarding Comets on the sales board a couple of months ago but still have had no joy. I have tried contacting the Whirlybirds people at the e-mail here and the e-mail quoted on the instructions and every time they bounce back to me.

Can anybody provide a working e-mail address for the Whirlybirds company? As last resort I will call them at number below.

Thanks

Campos - Brazil

Just got back from Telford and have got some new decals for the kit, so I shall take it off the shelf and see if I can remove the original attempt, next week.

@ Mike:- They are still producing these decals, and even have them silk-screened now

Whirlybird contact details;-

Tel:- +44(0)1226 203784

email: rgevans AT compuserve.com (apparently the other email has been experiencing problems)