That's my favorite part of modeling....the time when I'm about to put the decals on, the time when the major painting is done and the bird isn't finished but it looks substantially like what will end up on the display shelf. The time when I'm doing the decals, applying the finishing touches.

I've just glued on the landing gear, I'll go to bed and let it dry overnight, then put on the stabilizers and gear doors, then it'll be finished.

Justin

I've seen a number of posts from British modelers saying they use Halfords spray paints and their models looked good...but I'm afraid I've never heard of that brand being available here in the states.

To try to help a bit for next time: Halfords is a car spares and accessories shop here in the UK.

They have an excellent range of acrylic aerosol paints for cars - which also work on plastic models.

My favourite though is Appliance White Gloss - which caused some amusement followed by imitation when I took this Revell Concorde to my local IPMS brach meeting.

Concorde.jpg

However it NEVER yellows, and is the way to go for airliners. :)