Airfix Bucc 2 kit box price on Ebay !!!

With the uncertainty of Airfix's future and the mistake or generosity of Airfix doing this limited run of 2 1/48 Buccaneers in a box, do you guys think this particular box set will gain in value with time?

The original bid for this auction started at £35 !! I paid just over £20 for mine a few months ago.

UK Ebay auction

Reason I ask this, is I'm considering selling mine, already have a built 1/48 Buccaneer and another single kit waiting to be built, no way will I ever get round to completing 3 more never mind find the space to display them.

What would you guys do, sell or hang on to it in the chance it might gain more in value?

Cheers.

PS: never sold anything from my stash before, but it is starting to border on the looney, if I could get what this guys is getting for his, could use the cash to go towards a new air compressor or a couple of kits I would build.

Reason I ask this, is I'm considering selling mine, already have a built 1/48 Buccaneer and another single kit waiting to be built, no way will I ever get round to completing 3 more never mind find the space to display them.

What would you guys do, sell or hang on to it in the chance it might gain more in value?

My advice? See how much this pair goes for. Wait a week or two and see if any more have sold, and for how much. If you are never going to build them then sell them!

BUT, for all of the uncertainty there is still a chance that these kits will re-appear..............

Deal or No Deal time!!! ;)

The kit/s is worth about twice the price of a 'normal' bucc.

thats because there are two in the box.

It has no added value because of the blunder no, its just one of those 'lucky' querks one gets from time to time.

It might in the far future become collectable, but I wouldnt count on retiring on it, it might not yeald to much.

It might in the far future become collectable, but I wouldnt count on retiring on it, it might not yeald to much.

Well, going by this auction, it would yield twice as much as when I bought it a few months ago from my local model shop.

The kit/s is worth about twice the price of a 'normal' bucc.

thats because there are two in the box.

It has no added value because of the blunder no, its just one of those 'lucky' querks one gets from time to time.

It's not a blunder, there are two kits, two sets of instructions and a decal sheet for the 5 different variants.

It was meant as a limited run. And it's already £15 over what i paid for my mint copy. That's a good return for gathering dust.

:P

Well, going by this auction, it would yield twice as much as when I bought it a few months ago from my local model shop.
It's not a blunder, there are two kits, two sets of instructions and a decal sheet for the 5 different variants.

It was meant as a limited run. And it's already £15 over what i paid for my mint copy. That's a good return for gathering dust.

:woot.gif:

Its "limited run" status is in question.

It cost £20 when nobody knew it was a double kit, right now there is a proffit to be made buying it from a retail shop and kicking it out on ebay.

But if you do put it on ebay with the intention of making a killing be aware you might become the subject of a thread about profitering!!!

Its a profit, but not in the same way as £100 for a TSR.2 :blink:

Well, that auction went for £41 + £7 p&p.

As advised, I'll wait a week or so to watch similar auctions and put mine up for sale, £40 is £40, and with a complete 1/48 Airfix built Bucc and another one waiting, can afford to lose my twin kit set and put the money towards my long waiting airbrush compressor :thumbsup:

Might just have a little clear out of my stash as well, no way will it ever all get built.

How is the for sale or swap column here? last I looked it was mainly dealing in the US only.